Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to change my stock ball joint on my jku rubicon as i'll be welding my C gusset. So the one question still remains.... Whats the best! I first wanted to go with synergy but anyone or so that had a set hated them. The teraflex wont fit my 2014.Everyone seems to say that dynatrac is the way to go but damn, they are 689$ canadian. Now i'll be honest, i have no idea so i need help haha thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have to change my stock ball joint on my jku rubicon as i'll be welding my C gusset. So the one question still remains.... Whats the best! I first wanted to go with synergy but anyone or so that had a set hated them. The teraflex wont fit my 2014.Everyone seems to say that dynatrac is the way to go but damn, they are 689$ canadian. Now i'll be honest, i have no idea so i need help haha thanks
I went with these Ball Joint Kit Upper and Lower JK Jeep Wrangler Dana 44 Greasable Both Sides | eBay I have a 08 rubicon lifted with 35s and they works just fine!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are these the same as oem? Cause my oem have worn out fast...
Out of curiosity, what are the signs of worn ball joints? I plan on replacing mine but would love to know when that time has come before some type of catastrophic failure (assuming they can "catastrophically fail").

·
Registered
554 Posts
Out of curiosity, what are the signs of worn ball joints? I plan on replacing mine but would love to know when that time has come before some type of catastrophic failure (assuming they can "catastrophically fail").
Excessive movement.

To test jack up the jeep and put a jack stand under the front axle, take a long bar or broomstick and use it as leverage to push up on the front tire and let it drop, as you do this get a friend to help, look at the lower ball joint and see if it has excessive vertical movement, I believe .05" of movement is within spec.

For the upper ball joints have a buddy grab the tire (still while on the jack stand) at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position and shake it back and forth, look for excessive lateral movement in the upper ball joint, I believe .06" is within spec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts