Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about adjustable upper? And are those prices for 1 ball joint? Trying to figure out if I'm paying too much, ($250 for all 4 adjustable)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I can't see why you would need adjustable ball joints, unless your axle is bent.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't see why you would need adjustable ball joints, unless your axle is bent.
Don't they help correct alignment? I am running 35s on stock control arms and a 3.5" suspension lift and 1" BL so I'm thinking they will help keep everything where it is suppose to be since I can't adjust my control arms. Maybe I'm wrong.

·
Commercial Member
7,891 Posts
Don't they help correct alignment? I am running 35s on stock control arms and a 3.5" suspension lift and 1" BL so I'm thinking they will help keep everything where it is suppose to be since I can't adjust my control arms. Maybe I'm wrong.
Not sure how much caster correction you will get from adjustable ball joints.
For the cost, you might be better off getting a set of adjustable control arms.

Unless you need ball joints anyways and trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.... I'd still find out how much adjustment they will give you for the $$. Spicer ball joints (non adjustable) are under $100

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need ball joints anyway and since these are new but at a cheaper price I figured I would get them. For the moment if I were to get adjustable arms and could only get one pair I should get uppers correct?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would I be better off just getting adjustable uppers for now and get non adjustable ball joints in the near future? I that joints I have now aren't totally shot but they are on their last leg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts