Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I'm going to be replacing them. What is a good brand mostly a daily driver. Not doing anything crazy just need greaseable joints

·
Registered
79 Posts
Most will recommend spicer, they are oem. Same for u joints.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,473 Posts
Yes Definitely go with Spicer. These are a good upgraded Spicer which is a direct fit, they're what I installed into my TJ last year...

Amazon.com: DANA Spicer 706944X Suspension Ball Joint Kit, Front: Automotive

If you are also going to install fresh u-joints on the axle shafts, I'd go with Spicer's 5-760x which is a stronger direct-fit version of the 5-297 than the factory installed. Generally speaking, sealed -joints like the 5-760x are stronger and more durable than u-joints are that have a zerk fitting in the body which means there are grease channels running through the body which weakens it.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Go with Spicer. I 'upgraded' to Synergy last year, and am not happy with the results...less than a year, and already developing play. Yes, they've been lubed regularly, and with Synergy's 'special' grease...

I'll be installing a shiny, new set of Spicer ball joints, tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I went with Spicers and installed them last weekend. Since the entire front end will be torn apart, consider doing the unit bearings, axle u-joints, and steering at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts