Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my ball joints. I have an 05 with a d44 rubicon front axel. Are the ball joints the same on a d30? What is a good brand to get? Can i get any good ones at a local parts store? I also run 35's don't want to be replacing the ball joints all the time.

·
Registered
690 Posts
ggross said:
I need to replace my ball joints. I have an 05 with a d44 rubicon front axel. Are the ball joints the same on a d30? What is a good brand to get? Can i get any good ones at a local parts store? I also run 35's don't want to be replacing the ball joints all the time.
Yep the Dana 30 and Dana 44 from the TJs are the same oreillys sells MOOG balljoints they are the best you can get from local parts stores besides the factory.....

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I agree... Moog is a good brand and never had issues with them.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
You can get Spicers for $50 a side all day from the vendors on eBay. Even with my employee pricing @ O'Reilly (work a few nights a week for Jeep fund/discounts) I can hardly beat that. And take it from someone who sells them and has run both.....Moog ball joints don't hold a candle to Spicer ball joints.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Resurrecting a thread -

Q: My Driver's side front tire wants to hop when the passenger-side front tire hits a good bump in the road above 40 mph. Would I replace the drivers' side ball joints (assuming that the ball joints may be worn, loose)? How difficult are ball joints to change out?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
You do not want Moog. You want Dana Spicer ball joints. They'll last 3x as long and cost half as much. Check ebay, they should run you about $100 for a full set of 4.
Another Q:
Any reputable vendors on Ebay that I should go with?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ball joints were not that bad you do have to have a ball joint press, i would check your track bar and tie rod ends first befor changing the ball joints, when mine did that it was the track bar

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
ball joints were not that bad you do have to have a ball joint press, i would check your track bar and tie rod ends first befor changing the ball joints, when mine did that it was the track bar
How can you tell if your tie rod ends are in need of replacement?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
have someone turn the steering wheel and look at them they should all be tight no slop. make sure to do the same with the track bar

1 - 20 of 20 Posts