Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well when I do the front u joints and rotors do you think I should do the two ball joints that hold the knuckles onto the axle. The jeep has 108,000 miles.:D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.:D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About how much do you think 4 ball joints will coast me?:confused:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are they better quality?:D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Only if there is play in them, or they are OEM. Make sure they are greasable, or quality ball joints at least If you can afford it. They arent a maint item, just because of mileage.

Odhinn got a quote on his at a shop for $765 a side, do it your self $150-$200 a side, not including tools. Make sure you grab a press from auto zone. You can buy one for $99.99 there or rent it from there for same price and return it and they will refund the full price.

~Lev

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Napa is the reason I dont have a Grand Prix anymore, and I have a new Jeep now :) To each their own with auto parts stores, but Napas here have crappy parts and crappy employees :p

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
are you sure it wasn't user error rubi:D . I like napa around my area, I replaced the ball joints in my dodge p/u when I had it, never had a problem with the parts or service, of course that is what happens when you know what your doing :D. J/K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts