Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Sahara, automatic with 70,000 miles getting ready for my second tranny filter/oil change and was wondering how often the bands really need to be adjusted.
I do some back trails in the mountains of Colorado maybe 10% of the time and the rest is highway driving.
I have an in/lb torque wrench for the adjusting but not the special extension it looks like is needed for the front bands and sure about the accuracy of the wrench since it's never been re-calibrated so thought maybe I could do more harm than good.
The tranny seems to shift fine and no slippage that is noticeable so not sure if the bands really need any attention.
Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You have posted in the jk tech forum. Needs to be in the tj tech forum.
Moderators will you move this to the tj tech forum so this forum member can reach the appropriate people to help him.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, my mistake. Either my bi-folcals tricked me or the curser jumped just as I clicked, with it does quite often.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moderator - Would it be possible to move this Thread over to the TJ Tech Forum, I made a boo boo and somehow posted in the JK Forum by mistake. Appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts