Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody has experience with the banks monster exhaust system for the jk wrangler. I was wondering cause it sounds freaken beastly ! Was wondering if it's a good kit or not

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I ended up getting the Banks exhaust. Here are my thoughts:

Fit & finish: The piping isn't anything spectacular. I found the fit to be good, but it took a lot of time to line up and adjust to get it right. I needed to shim the exhaust tip so that I could securely tighten it down otherwise it sat too loosely on the tail pipe. The muffler is very nice, welds are great. I like how the whole unit is tucked up high under the Jeep so it won't drag easily on approach angle.

What I didn't know beforehand is that you have to use a reciprocating saw to cut 10.5" from the rear exhaust hanger on the stock exhaust so you can reuse the OEM resonator. Not a big deal, but worth noting.

Price: Reasonable for what you get. I think it's fair.

Sound: Perfect for what I was looking for. Idle is pretty subdued actually, but if you give the throttle some blips it sounds pretty sweet. It sounds much better under load and from the outside you can clearly tell it's not stock after you take off. Clearly louder than stock, but not too loud. From the cabin there is no drone, just a noticeable grunt from the rear. I think it's perfect for a Jeep that's not totally compromised and you want it to remain civil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts