Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the banks ottomind programer for there tj with the 4.0 I have to banks monster exhaust and about to get the RAM air intake. I'm wondering if the programer is worth it

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would move the tuner to the last thing on your list for mods. Tuners are only worth it after extensive other mods have been done that require adjustments to the tune to be done. Ive got a catback, headers, 63MM TB, CAI and still don't think a tuner would be worth the cost compared to my other mods. Tuners are expensive for what they do and when not much has been done to the engine there is not much for the tuner/chip to change.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Has anyone used the banks ottomind programer for there tj with the 4.0 I have to banks monster exhaust and about to get the RAM air intake. I'm wondering if the programer is worth it
none of that stuff is worth it.

if you want more power, drop in a stroker, do some head/cam work or turbo/supercharger it. then we'll talk about programmers that can tune it for proper A/F ratio. also, the stock intake, manifold, throttle body and exhaust already flow plenty for the 4.0L...in fact, they are already capable of flowing more than the engine can use.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the exhaust cause when I bought the jeep the exhaust ended at the cat. And I got a good deal on it and also the moron that owned it before me cut the sides off of the airbox so everything mentioned had to be replaced. And I'm not 1 to go back to stock I was also thinkin the programer cause it says u can set ur spedo to ur tire size with it and just a speedo calibrator from what ive seen is $250-300

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
just a speedo calibrator from what ive seen is $250-300
speedo calibration can be done by replacing the speedo gear if you have the NP231. it's a 5 minute job and costs about $40. if you have a NV241OR Rubicon t-case, the best option is an electronic speedo recalibrator...like Speedohealer, Dakota Digital, Truspeed, etc. due to the limitations of the PCM, the options within suck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts