Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have bar fenders on their yj? i was looking at them, and i'm not sure, the more i look at them the more i like them but dont want to cut into the jeep unless i'm sure i want them. if anyone has them, can you post some pictures and let me know if you like them or not.... and for everyone else who doesnt. what do you think, would they look good on the white yj?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
whyteYJeep said:
does anyone have bar fenders on their yj? i was looking at them, and i'm not sure, the more i look at them the more i like them but dont want to cut into the jeep unless i'm sure i want them. if anyone has them, can you post some pictures and let me know if you like them or not.... and for everyone else who doesnt. what do you think, would they look good on the white yj?
I personally don't have them but I like them! Strong durable and would last for ever and wont fade! Scuff em up a bit? No problem spray paint and touch it up. If u got black ones and a white yj Id they would look sick. Just my opinion. The only thing I wouldn't like about them is if you get tight up to a tree with them they wont flex like the stock flairs they would bend up and stuff. Someone on the forum has them and backed into a tree and bent one all up. I forgot who it was!

·
Registered
273 Posts
You mean tube fenders?

I have the Gen Right complete set. The are as strong as my rock sliders. Ask me how I know... :whistling:

I can stand one these things and I'm not a little guy.

I rubbed/dragged my driver rear flare on the wall coming out of this v-notch (you can hear it).

Big Red Gettin' Flexy in the "Cake Walk" V-Notch 4-1-12 - YouTube

I have dragged all 4 multiple times each on various obstacles. I usually just wait until their all scuffed pretty good and then just sand them down and repaint 'em.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I was thinking about going with metal cloak but their so expensive

·
Registered
208 Posts
i agree metal cloaks are well worth the money i have the arched with 6 inch flares and love them they have been smashed against trees and you cant even tell

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys.... so my white rio grand would look okay you think? my body armour and wheels are black so i figure the fenders black would look okay also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts