Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been interested in these since they were first announced and it looks like they are more or less in stock now at Extreme Terrain. It seems like there have been some fitment issues as well as some of the bolts being covered in coating during manufacturing which caused seizing and double threading during installation.

Any recent installs from members? Has this been corrected or did you run into a similar issue?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Been interested in these since they were first announced and it looks like they are more or less in stock now at Extreme Terrain. It seems like there have been some fitment issues as well as some of the bolts being covered in coating during manufacturing which caused seizing and double threading during installation.

Any recent installs from members? Has this been corrected or did you run into a similar issue?
I did a review of these a few months back. "Barricade Enhanced Rubi Rails....Buyer Beware". Type it into the "search" and you can decide for yourself. Its was a lively thread so be ready to read.

The abridged version: They look great and work well as rugged side steps. They are not tough enough to be really considered as rock rails.

Sorry all the photos have been removed.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a set yesterday and will be putting them on today. I will have more info and pics in my build thread about them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Even the supplier of the barricade say they're more for cosmetic appearance and they are for protection. I wanted functional armor not only from rocks but from getting tboned while driving naked. I passed on the barricade and got factory rubi rails with ace sliders.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts

Good questions! There was one report of those rails not standing up to abuse on the trail. Other than that they've held up to abuse from what I've heard. The Barricade Rock Sliders have also taken a beating on the trail with no ill effects.

Let me know if you decide to go with some Barricade armor and I'll get you a great deal!

-Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts