Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running this bumper?

Pictures appreciated... Search in this forum didn't yield any results.

Not looking for much off-road use, just something more substantial than the plastic factory crap on my Willys.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody I guess...

Looks like I will be the first forum member to run it then. Delivers next week.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good gawd man. You have way too many post counts to be asking this newbie question.

Link to page 70 of the front bumper thread where you can see the one you are asking about. Did you not look through this already before choosing?

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/mega-front-bumper-thread-134959-70.html
Actually I did search as I already noted, and I looked through the mega bumper thread also. Page 70 of that thread has no info either...

To clarify... the Adventure HD is a new Barricade bumper and appears to be basically an unknown at this point. I say new because Extreme Terrain notes it as "new" on their site and it only has 1 recent review.

I chose it because of price, and I realize I may need to do some painting/touching up as others have noted with the more common Barricade Trail Force HD. I just don't wheel really and want a steel bumper instead of plastic without breaking the bank. Figured someone on here had considered it for the same reasons I am... since not everyone here is a die hard wheeler who NEEDS $1200 bumpers. Maybe not.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
I have one. Here's some pics of it. Great bumper. Deer ram out in front of me. Clobbered him at 40mph and my wife next to me said is that it. Felt like we just through him like butter. Very stout.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't have the adventure but one like the pic above. If you live in the snow belt with salt, it will rust pretty fast. I've had mine on now for almost 3 years and all is still good but we don't get much snow in North Texas.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
Duh. Read the post. Dummy I am. Wake up. Sorry didn't notice you're looking for the adventure series. Looks like a nice bumper though

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
The Adventure Series is actually brand new to the Barricade lineup!

Personally I think it looks awesome and you can't beat it for the price. It's only slightly different than the Trail Force HD, but I'm personally a huge fan of it.

Adventure Series

Trail Force HD

-Jake

·
Registered
79 Posts

Personally I think it looks awesome and you can't beat it for the price. It's only slightly different than the Trail Force HD, but I'm personally a huge fan of it.

Adventure Series

Trail Force HD

-Jake

Hey Jake, I've been eyeing the Trail Force HD for the longest time although I live in Canada where we essentially get snow for 50-60% of the year and I hear this bumper rusts pretty quick... What do you recommend for me that looks "exactly" like this one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
sonjason,
Did you pull the trigger on the Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper order? If so, I'm curious as to what you think as I am ready ready for a bumper upgrade and this one tops my list.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I don't have the adventure but one like the pic above. If you live in the snow belt with salt, it will rust pretty fast. I've had mine on now for almost 3 years and all is still good but we don't get much snow in North Texas.
I have a had a Barricade bumper for about a year. I had to repaint it with bedliner after last winter and I will paint it with rust reformer after next winter. The thing that sucks is that I have to pull the bumper off to get that done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sonjason,
Did you pull the trigger on the Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper order? If so, I'm curious as to what you think as I am ready ready for a bumper upgrade and this one tops my list.
I have both the front & rear Barricade bumpers on my 2012 JK and love them. Put them on a year & a half ago. They look good and can take a hit on a rock no problem. Even held up when I forgot to release my E-brake while winching one time. I don't like admitting that. If you play on rocks get the front skid that mounts using the same bolts that mount the bumper. Does a good job protecting radiator and steering parts and worth the extra money. Save yourself some money and get them.:winner:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the info. For what I want I can't justify paying for a front bumper 3x the price of the Barricade, even if I have to pull it off and repaint it. I have a 2017 JKU, so was this a true direct bolt on replacement, or was the vacuum pump an issue? And what skid plate did you go with?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sonjason,

I have the bumper in my garage, but have not installed. I found some AEV takeoff's locally and may jump on those and sell this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts

Adventure Series

Trail Force HD

-Jake
XTJake, aside from the obvious visual and slight price differences, are there any others? Is the adventure meant to replace the trail force?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not to rain on anyone's parade regarding Barricade stuff, but my experience has been pretty poor with their bumpers. I had the Trail Force HD front bumper and the Barricade rear bumper/tire carrier. The powdercoat was absolute junk. The front bumper was on my Jeep for about 2 years and has been sitting in my garage for about a year now. It started rusting immediately upon installation and is now entirely coated in rust. The rear bumper was on my Jeep for about 6 months and it got so bad I couldn't stand it anymore and yanked both of them off my Jeep. They won't be going back on. I am not really complaining because I knew going into it that they were not the highest quality, but I really can't believe that they rusted so fast. I'm sure that they can be re-finished but I was very disappointed in the fact they needed it so fast. One other note, I also have the Barricade tubular rocker guards and they look basically like new. They've been on my Jeep for about 2 years and they look great. They came in a different powdercoat than the bumpers with a much heavier texture to it. It seems to be holding up really well. I also have a full set of Barricade steel fenders that are in the same powdercoat as the bumpers. I will not be installing these on my Jeep. They've been sitting in my garage for about 2 years in their boxes and while they are not rusty at all right now, I just know that as soon as I put them on, they're going to rust right out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts