Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the new Extreme Terrain catalog. They have a Barricade front bumper. It's cheap, has anyone bought one? And how do you rate it?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
There's a thread somewhere started by Extreme Terrain. If you like the look, I wouldn't hesitate to order one. I've had good experiences w/ XT.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It comes pre drilled. You don't need a winch plate. It will support up to 10'000 lbs. I got the Barricade 9500 winch too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok, sorry for the thread hijack, but you'll want this info too when you finally get your bumper.

Anyone who has installed this bumper with the factory fog light locations know if it's possible to install the bumper without having to splice any wiring? If not what kind of materials am I looking at? Just another 6" of wire on each side?

Also, does the air dam underneath reinstall or is that pretty much trash after the bumper goes on?

And lastly, is there any torque specs, or is it just crank em down for the bolts that bolt the bumper to the frame?

·
Registered
119 Posts
the bumper installs easily and you don't need to splice the fog light wires. you do need to pull back the coverings though. the existing wires do reach. i have the bumper installed and factory wiring. no splicing or anything. torque specs i just followed what is listed here Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Torque Settings

air dam doesn't reinstall, i'm running without a front skid right now. might get one in the future though. i wouldn't say it is trash i gave mine away to someone who hit something and messed theirs up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
forgot to mention that i really like the look and that it is mid-length which was a must for me. as for a grade i'd give it a 7 out of 10. mine started getting some minor surface rust, mostly were the d-rings are as they rock back and forth which leads to the paint being rubbed off and some nicks on the corners. Nothing a little wire brush and some rustoleum won't take care of. it was only 350 shipped so i'm not complaining. if you want one look for XTRyan on here and he will hook you up.

Check this thread out http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/barricade-bumpers-286401.html

lots of pics of JKs with the bumper

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
forgot to mention that i really like the look and that it is mid-length which was a must for me. as for a grade i'd give it a 7 out of 10. mine started getting some minor surface rust, mostly were the d-rings are as they rock back and forth which leads to the paint being rubbed off and some nicks on the corners. Nothing a little wire brush and some rustoleum won't take care of. it was only 350 shipped so i'm not complaining. if you want one look for XTRyan on here and he will hook you up.

Check this thread out http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/barricade-bumpers-286401.html

lots of pics of JKs with the bumper
Thanks for the shout out. That's a great link for info on these bumpers.

OP, shoot me a PM if you'd like a quote on either the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper or the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper with LED Lights, or if you have any questions!

-Ryan

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll put more pictures up later, I'm going fishing for the day, but here is the finished product. Along with the grill plastidipped

ForumRunner_20140506_090648.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Love my Barricade front bumper, so glad I decided to go that route.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the trail force bumper as well with the led lights. And for the price its great. Ive gotten plenty of people ask what kind it is. Extreme Terrain has some good deals on stuff.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put the bumper on and a 12000 lb winch and my front end went down maybe a 1/4 an inch. You can barley tell.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts