Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had some time to install my new barricade hd bumper and i had a few questions. what is the cleanest way to run the wires to the battery, and also will the little plastic piece with the jeep logo still fit with the bumper. thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I ran my wires between grill and sway bar cover (plastic piece your asking about). An no it won't fit unless you cut it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Wires for your lights or winch?
Winch, simply through the grille with some old garden hose protecting it from scrapes will work. For your lights, unfortunately there's no real easy way to conceal them with that bumper, I hear. The best way would probably be with some black wire looming, and zip tying it to the rear of the bar, past the winch and into the grille.

I don't think the frame cover fits with that bumper, mostly due to the winch and winch plate. However I've never owned a trail force HD, that insight is simply from researching pictures.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wires for your lights or winch?
Winch, simply through the grille with some old garden hose protecting it from scrapes will work. For your lights, unfortunately there's no real easy way to conceal them with that bumper, I hear. The best way would probably be with some black wire looming, and zip tying it to the rear of the bar, past the winch and into the grille.

I don't think the frame cover fits with that bumper, mostly due to the winch and winch plate. However I've never owned a trail force HD, that insight is simply from researching pictures.
Trim your cover and do what this guy says for wiring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the quick response, I'm going to try and trim the plastic and wire it all up today

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
thanks for all the quick response, I'm going to try and trim the plastic and wire it all up today
The bumper looks great! I've seen some people drill holes in the bumper hoop and fish the wiring through some grommeted holes. It makes a real clean install but it's definitely more involved then running them on the surface. Other guys have had luck wire tying the wires to the back side of the hoop so they're hidden from the front. That doesn't look bad either. Let us know what you decide to do and post some pictures when it's done!

-Ryan

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
One of the first things I am going to do is put that on my rig (if I get it).. Need something solid for NY
The parking situation in NY would be enough to make me armor my rig, let alone taking it on the trail! Let me know if you decide to pick up that Jeep and need a bumper. I'm happy to answer any questions you have or get a quote!

-Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts