Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this last night from Extreme Terrain and really happy with the transaction, thanks XRyan. Extreme Terrain is my favorite choice of online venders and prices. Now the UPS man is not as happy dragging this thing down the driveway, but except for a couple small scratches on one corner of the bumper and the shackle mount, it was a perfect fit. Have one crappy cell phone pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Weighed the original bumper at 36 lbs. and this one right at 65 lbs. with bow shackles with no noticeable drop on the jeep front end. Planning on adding a winch also, but thinking a winch plate weighing around 30 lbs. is about the same difference if I'd tried using with the stock bumper.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine arrives today!! How long did the install take and did you do it by yourself? I'm hoping that with a floor jack and/or jack stands I can manage it alone.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it only took less than 1 1/2 hrs, but had previously removed the air dam and broke the nuts loose the day before. My 20 yr. old son was suppose to help(no where to be seen) but I ended up just sticking the new bumper on without any trouble. The fog light housings were more difficult for me with fat fingers trying to capture the nuts with the bolts. :beerme:
Tonite I will wire up the fog lights and the necessary front license plate.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Received this last night from Extreme Terrain and really happy with the transaction, thanks XRyan. Extreme Terrain is my favorite choice of online venders and prices. Now the UPS man is not as happy dragging this thing down the driveway, but except for a couple small scratches on one corner of the bumper and the shackle mount, it was a perfect fit. Have one crappy cell phone pic.
Looks good! Did you get those scratches fixed? I have a touch up kit I'd be happy to send you if you'd like. Just PM me your order number if you're interested!

-Ryan

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks so much, XTRyan, but i happen to have that type of touch up paint. Now if I could just get those Mammoth wheels out of back order.

·
6,005 Posts
thanks so much, XTRyan, but i happen to have that type of touch up paint. Now if I could just get those Mammoth wheels out of back order.
I hear you! I wish I had them for you! Hang tight, they'll be worth the wait!

-Ryan

·
Registered
243 Posts
Actually it only took less than 1 1/2 hrs, but had previously removed the air dam and broke the nuts loose the day before. My 20 yr. old son was suppose to help(no where to be seen) but I ended up just sticking the new bumper on without any trouble. The fog light housings were more difficult for me with fat fingers trying to capture the nuts with the bolts. :beerme:
Tonite I will wire up the fog lights and the necessary front license plate.
Thanks for the info. I've got to mount my KC's on the bar and drill out the holes to run the wires through and I got a new skid plate to go with it, so I guess I'm looking at 3-4 hours of work.

Hey Ryan - might as well go ahead and send me the touch-up kit. From everything I've heard, I'm going to need it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's about the way mine looked. I'll definitely need the touch-up kit. 'Course, that's a lot of mass in a cardboard box.

So, I'm 3 hours in and have another 2-3 to go, depending on how quickly I can pull the wires for my KC's thru the bumper! I had to undo some things before I could even take the OEM off, so I figure I'm on pace. A few beers slowed me down too!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you drilling a hole in the bull bar and fishing wiring thru it?
Hope to see some pic's.

·
6,005 Posts
That's about the way mine looked. I'll definitely need the touch-up kit. 'Course, that's a lot of mass in a cardboard box.

So, I'm 3 hours in and have another 2-3 to go, depending on how quickly I can pull the wires for my KC's thru the bumper! I had to undo some things before I could even take the OEM off, so I figure I'm on pace. A few beers slowed me down too!
I got that touch up kit out to you today! I can't wait to see pictures of your bumper and lights. Sounds like it's going to be really clean!

-Ryan

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, I've drilled two holes just inside the light tabs for the wires to pass through. I'll use rubber grommets and wire loom to make it really clean looking. I'm just nervous about how hard it's going to be to maneuver the bumper to try to fish a pull string through. Then I'm going to hang the lights upside down inside the bar so I had to order some 1-1/2" spacers. And although I won't have a winch for a while, I went ahead and got a hawse fairlead just to make it look finished. I'm pretty excited about how it's going to turn out.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Pics when you get done. I want to hand some KCs upside down but don't know if the winch will be in the way, Didn't know I would need spacers though

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pics when you get done. I want to hand some KCs upside down but don't know if the winch will be in the way, Didn't know I would need spacers though
you will need spacers to lower the KCs down a bit to they fit within the bull bar opening. I drilled my holes right under the light tabs and used grommets as well, as shown here.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've been waiting for someone post post a picture like that. I like it!

Also, that touch-up kit is no joke! I don't think I've posted about since receiving mine a few weeks ago, but it's great.

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's sweet, Papa! Mine will look very similar except with yellow accents instead of red including the rock guards on the lights. Your pic just validated all this work i'm doing on mine!

Jedi - i've been wondering the same thing about the winch. It looks like it would be OK unless you had a really extreme angle on your winch line. If that was the case, I would just pull out a wrench, take the offending light off, and winch on!

·
Registered
243 Posts
So I finally finished the install of the Barricade and Hanson last weekend but was waiting for the shackle insulators to arrive before the unveil. I'm still waffling about the shackle color. I may just paint them black. Otherwise it was a really clean install.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts