Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now it's time for a lift. Thinking 2.5" spring lift, then put on some 35s....

Any suggestions? I've been looking at TeraFlex.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Barricade sliders were air-dropped. Glad they're rails and not lights though!
Ha! Yeah I'm pretty sure my delivery guy is not too happy I bought a Jeep...

What lift do you have on your Jeep? And what size are those wheels and tires?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Someone went wild with the tape on mine. I posted when they came in that it took longer to unpack them than it did to mount them and that was no joke. I like them but the wife and grand-kids like them more.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone went wild with the tape on mine. I posted when they came in that it took longer to unpack them than it did to mount them and that was no joke. I like them but the wife and grand-kids like them more.
My kids and their grandma are psyched as well. All three managed to fall climbing in or out before the rails and that's without a lift!!!

Now with the sliders, I feel like I can put a lift on and new wheels and tires. Old Syko, what lift do you have? What is your tire wheel combo?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ha! Yeah I'm pretty sure my delivery guy is not too happy I bought a Jeep...

What lift do you have on your Jeep? And what size are those wheels and tires?
-Rough Country PERF679 2.5" suspension lift.
--2.5" Front & Rear Coil Springs
--2.2 Series Shocks
--1.0" Body spacers

-295/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on Ballistic Jesters (18 x 9; 5.5") with Ballistic Morax 845 Black Center Caps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
-Rough Country PERF679 2.5" suspension lift.
--2.5" Front & Rear Coil Springs
--2.2 Series Shocks
--1.0" Body spacers

-295/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on Ballistic Jesters (18 x 9; 5.5") with Ballistic Morax 845 Black Center Caps.
It looks amazing!

I'm doing my research on the 2.5" lifts before I install... How do you feel about yours? Did you install yourself? How is it on the road?

My Jeep is a DD but I plan on starting to off road.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It looks amazing!

I'm doing my research on the 2.5" lifts before I install... How do you feel about yours? Did you install yourself? How is it on the road?

My Jeep is a DD but I plan on starting to off road.
My Jeep is my DD as well. It's a fairly smooth ride, especially at faster, constant speeds. Beyond DD, I'm more of a trail/overland runner instead of rock crawler and for that, I have been very pleased with this setup, especially for the price. Install is fairly straight forward as long as you can get enough droop to pop the coils out. Otherwise, get a spring compressor from AutoZone or somewhere similar to help out. I've learned just about everything from this forum and Youtube!

From what I've read, Rough Country can be hit or miss (some reports of sagging coils) and I guess I hit. For my budget, I'm very pleased.

As for my wheels and tires, no regrets! I get the most compliments and stares for that setup alone. My tires are in great shape and as of now I can't imagine replacing them with anything else.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
To answer questions, the bumpers are Body Armor both front and rear. The front is considered a mid stubby. I also run the Body Armor gen II traildoors in summer.

The lift is the AEV 2 1/2 Dual Sport XT with Bilstein shocks and correction brackets.

Wheels are 17x9 Rugged Ridge XHDs with the black low profile center caps and rim protectors. Tires are 315-70-17 Duratrac. Also have a set of Pro Comp steel with Cepek Fun Countrys. You want the Goodyears I'm here to tell ya. The only advantage to the Cepeks is in mud.

The fenders are of course Bushwacker.

Just home from a 4000 mile road trip from Indiana to all over Colorado and Kansas and back. When you haul as much gear as I do to travel the AEV products really shine. Gear weight on this trip was around 500+# and you couldn't want a better ride and handling from a Jeep for all around highway and offroad use IMHO.

BTW thanks for asking. I love this thing.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Got my Barricade Sliders. At first I was a little worried that they might be damaged because the box was so beat up.

I was pleased that the rails were well protected inside.
Glad to see they survived the trip even though UPS did a number on the box! They look great on the Jeep!

-Ryan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad to see they survived the trip even though UPS did a number on the box! They look great on the Jeep!

-Ryan
Thank you!!! I am very happy with them and their quick delivery!

Any good Black Friday deals for Forum Members?

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Thank you!!! I am very happy with them and their quick delivery!

Any good Black Friday deals for Forum Members?
We're going to have some big sales for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday! Make sure you sign up for our emails and you'll see all the sales as they go up on the site. Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan

·
Registered
793 Posts
Got my Barricade Sliders. At first I was a little worried that they might be damaged because the box was so beat up.

I was pleased that the rails were well protected inside.
It's funny how we are worried about how something might arrive in a beat up box, just so we can bang them up against rocks! LOL!

I did the same thing. When I got my sliders, the packing wasn't great. There were a couple spots that the powder coat had been rubbed off when it banged up against the other slider. So I spent some time sanding down those areas and touching them up with some textured paint.

And now, hah! I have so much missing powder coat on the bottom of these. LOL.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts