Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have the Barricade Trail Force HD front and rear/tire carrier bumpers from XT. Love the bumpers, but, I'm not too sure about the D rings.

The reason I'm not sure about the D rings is I have never had a vehicle before that had them, so I don't know what kind of stress D rings can withstand. My experience with tow/recovery points is there can be a lot of back up, and floor it forward jerking to get someone unstuck. Does anybody know/have experience with dynamic recovery with D rings or the Barricade bumpers specifically?

I had the thought of mounting the factory hooks back on, putting the front ones on upside down and the rear hook back on. However, looking into that, I can't seem to figure out how to remove the bolts from the front hooks. It also doesn't look like the rear bumper is compatible with the rear hook (hole for the bottom bolt was covered, can it be safely mounted with the two side bolts?)

Does anybody happen to know of a way to make either of these options work?

Appreciate any input! =)

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
So, I have the Barricade Trail Force HD front and rear/tire carrier bumpers from XT. Love the bumpers, but, I'm not too sure about the D rings.

The reason I'm not sure about the D rings is I have never had a vehicle before that had them, so I don't know what kind of stress D rings can withstand. My experience with tow/recovery points is there can be a lot of back up, and floor it forward jerking to get someone unstuck. Does anybody know/have experience with dynamic recovery with D rings or the Barricade bumpers specifically?

I had the thought of mounting the factory hooks back on, putting the front ones on upside down and the rear hook back on. However, looking into that, I can't seem to figure out how to remove the bolts from the front hooks. It also doesn't look like the rear bumper is compatible with the rear hook (hole for the bottom bolt was covered, can it be safely mounted with the two side bolts?)

Does anybody happen to know of a way to make either of these options work?

Appreciate any input! =)
I make bumpers. The attachment points are welded on. They're not going anywhere under the stresses of vehicle recovery. The ones on the front, whether or not they are welded to the bumper itself or on a plate that gets bolted through the bumper into the frame horns, it's extremely strong. The factory hooks attach the same way...think about that.

In terms of the rear hook, you could always drill a hole to get that final bolt in there to make you feel more secure. Not a big deal to do.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would also opt for a kinetic recovery strap, its much easier on both ends than a regular tow strap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts