Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got the Extreme Terrain President's Sale email. I've been looking for a new front bumper and lucky me, the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper w/LED Lights is $125 off! I'd like to hear how others are liking, or not liking, the bumper before I pull the trigger.

Also on sale is the Barricade 9500 Winch w/Sythetic Rope. Would that be a good match with the bumper?

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know they took it off the site for a few because people had problems with the LED's. So I went with the one with out the LED's. It's a easy install but if you get a winch its a lot easier to put it on with the bumper off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can get an engo 10k or 12k with synthetic cheaper than the barricade 9.5k. I have no experience with the bumper but I've heard it's solid and a good deal for the price but haven't heard anything good about the leds. They do look good in that bumper though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the Extreme Terrain President's Sale email. I've been looking for a new front bumper and lucky me, the Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper w/LED Lights is $125 off! I'd like to hear how others are liking, or not liking, the bumper before I pull the trigger. Also on sale is the Barricade 9500 Winch w/Sythetic Rope. Would that be a good match with the bumper? Thanks!
I have that exact bumper. Put it on around Christmas and it's awesome. LEDs work great. No issues and easy install all around.

Ryan from Extreme Terrain was great and even sent me a touch up kit for free, which is great to have around.

Haven't pulled the trigger on a winch yet so can't help you there but the 9500 w/ synthetic rope is what I'm eyeing as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Digging mine for the last year. It's had a 12k steel cable winch on it for a while and it's held up great! I added my own LED fogs though.

image-1669972772.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Put both my front trail force he with the 4 leds and the rear he with tire carrier on my jeep this past sat. Love them they look great fit awesome and lights work great. Wish I would have seen them for $125 off that would have been sweet!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As if the price didn't already sell me, it sounds like just about everyone is loving the bumper. Thanks for the suggestion about the winch!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice. Might have to look at this. Wish they'd put the non led one on sale once in a while. Its always the led one. Didn't like it on the black Friday, but then I saw one in person recently and thought it looked good. Still not sold on the flashy zinc studs around the lights. Might have to black those out. Also, are all four LEDs wired to come on as fogs, or can 2 be operated separately?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I have this bumper. I love it and no issues. It has been on for a few months.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice. Might have to look at this. Wish they'd put the non led one on sale once in a while. Its always the led one. Didn't like it on the black Friday, but then I saw one in person recently and thought it looked good. Still not sold on the flashy zinc studs around the lights. Might have to black those out. Also, are all four LEDs wired to come on as fogs, or can 2 be operated separately?

Bumper comes with a prefab harness to operate all 4 lights from one switch. I hooked the 2 round ones to factory fog light circuit in jeep and the center oval lights to their harness. Then wired my small 12" bar to the other set of wires that came with their harness. So I can run the fogs like they worked from factory. Or turn on the center lights and the small bar out front by pushing a button. Or run all 5 for a pretty fair amount of light. Works pretty good for now.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Trail Force is a great bumper! I plan to soon add a winch and driving lights

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wiring setup

I have this bumper. I love it and no issues. It has been on for a few months.
SuperTJ did you link the LEDs into the fog light setup or run another connection? If you ran them through the fog lights, did you splice the wires or use a quick disconnect to attach to the bumper harness?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
SuperTJ did you link the LEDs into the fog light setup or run another connection? If you ran them through the fog lights, did you splice the wires or use a quick disconnect to attach to the bumper harness?
I found a universal led connectors. I had to splice that into the plug but then was able to connect to the factory fog light plugs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found a universal led connectors. I had to splice that into the plug but then was able to connect to the factory fog light plugs.
Any chance you could share what you picked up? I want to get the bumper and connector on order this week for a next weekend install.

Also dos you install the skid plate?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts