Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I love my Bartact seat covers. Bought them before I even had my jeep and where installed the same day I picked up my 2016 Willys wheeler JKU. Fast forward 3 years and 24k miles. The seat covers where getting a little grimy so I pulled them off to throw them in the washer. When I pulled off the bottom covers there was a line running across the cloth on both seat bottoms where the Seam from the seat covers Rubbed/cut the top of the Factory cover. Basically the Seam was so stiff it rubbed the fuzzy of the OEM seat cover. I did send pictures and description of the problem to Bartact with no reply. I did end up buying some NEW take-offs seat covers on e-bay and replaced the damaged material and then Took a thin Towel and laid it on top of the seat before reinstalling the seat covers. This should stop anymore wear. I do not know what changed but I had armortech seat covers on my previous jeep with twice the miles and never had this problem. So if you are running Bartact seat covers on Cloth seats you might want to check them for wear. FYI See attached pictures for damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
And I was ready to order Bartact for my Leather/Hombre seats...now I'm thinking twice. Thank you for the warning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
They have a phone number. Its ok to talk to people.
Digital communication is far easier and more convenient. It's also a fantastic way of keeping a record of conversations and documenting answers to questions / concerns you may have.

While I'm sure their phone may ring, and they might answer, their lack of communication and support is why I didn't buy new custom seat covers from them, and bought used instead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Digital communication is far easier and more convenient. It's also a fantastic way of keeping a record of conversations and documenting answers to questions / concerns you may have.

While I'm sure their phone may ring, and they might answer, their lack of communication and support is why I didn't buy new custom seat covers from them, and bought used instead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can agree, but not everyone uses their email. I think people are just lazy.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Easy, so you call them and talk, then send them an e mail thanking them for the phone conversation and then outline in detail the conversation.

·
Registered
595 Posts
They have responded to my emails in the past. OP, Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed Bartact seat covers on the front seats of my 2016 JK (leather seats) shortly after I bought it. I really liked them. I never removed the seat covers so I can't say whether they damaged the OEM seats. This week I traded in the 2016 for a 2021 JLU with cloth seats and guess what... I ordered Bartact seat covers earlier today! Now I'm a little concerned... I'll try to contact Bartact to see what they say.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I emailed Bartact to ask them about the seat covers damaging the OEM cloth seats, as the OP experienced. I included a pic of the seat from this thread. Sal responded immediately and said it’s the first time he’s heard of it in the 8 years he’s been there. He asked me to mention to use [email protected] to contact them.

In any case, I ended up returning mine because I don’t want to risk the damage.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
I've had two sets of Bartact (TrekArmor) covers over the last 7 years and in both cases no problems whatsoever with them.
IMHO they are the best seat covers around!

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,055 Posts
I have Bartact (front and rear) and after a years use they are still like brand new. Have 2 dogs (1 very large) and the covers have zero damage after hauling the dogs around. I installed heated pads under the covers on the front seats which have worked excellent. They will burn your buns on high. lol Bottom line I wouldn't dream of NOT having these covers so I'm not concerned if they leave a mark on the factory covers.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
5 years ago I put Bartact‘s on front and rear when my Jeep was less than a week old. Every once in a while I take them off for washing. As I would expect the original covers look like new and the Bartact covers also look like new. There is a very slight fraying beginning on the bolsters where we tend to slide in and out. They have far exceeded my expectations. My next new Jeep will get Bartact‘s.

·
Registered
100 Posts
So I love my Bartact seat covers. Bought them before I even had my jeep and where installed the same day I picked up my 2016 Willys wheeler JKU. Fast forward 3 years and 24k miles. The seat covers where getting a little grimy so I pulled them off to throw them in the washer. When I pulled off the bottom covers there was a line running across the cloth on both seat bottoms where the Seam from the seat covers Rubbed/cut the top of the Factory cover. Basically the Seam was so stiff it rubbed the fuzzy of the OEM seat cover. I did send pictures and description of the problem to Bartact with no reply. I did end up buying some NEW take-offs seat covers on e-bay and replaced the damaged material and then Took a thin Towel and laid it on top of the seat before reinstalling the seat covers. This should stop anymore wear. I do not know what changed but I had armortech seat covers on my previous jeep with twice the miles and never had this problem. So if you are running Bartact seat covers on Cloth seats you might want to check them for wear. FYI See attached pictures for damage.
Same happened to my seats when I just checked. 2016 had them on since I purchased the car new. Thanks OP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed these today on my 2018 JK. This is an exceptionally well made product. Installation was easy, and I'm SO GLAD I added in the lumbar support.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts