Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow JK'ers I will be using this thread to document my build. My Jeep will be more of an expedition type build and will be used as my DD and also as a way to get me to some awesome climbing spots. I plan on starting with the Jeep and then next fall adding an offroad teardrop build to go with it.

My Jeep
Black Forrest Green 2012 JKU Rubicon
6 spd
430N
Connectivity Group
Auto Air
Freedom Top
Leather
Max Tow package

First Mods Complete
Installed Weathertech Floor Liners
Installed Mopar Front Mud Flaps (to much salt/sand in MN to go without)
Front Driver/Passenger Tinted to MN max
Removed decals
Installed Mopar Fuel Door
Rearview Mirror Mod
Drilled Exterior Mirrors

On Tap (purchased)
Tuffy Underseat Security box, Rear Seat Mod, Flashlight Mod, Speaker Box Mod, Speaker Upgrade, Grill Mod, AEV 2" Lift, Breather Tube Mod, sPOD, Cobra CB w/CoolTech LP Mount, Motion Sensor, LoD Slider/Steps (on order)

Upcoming (saving for)
Procal, Lockpick v.4 w/backup camera, Rigid D2's for Pillars. AEV Premium Bumper, DS Headlight Upgrade, ORH Soft Top, Harken Hoist,

Still Thinking About
Wheels, Tires, Aluminum skids, etc, etc, etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Good luck with your build, I just installed my LOD sliders, they forgot to ship the bolts, I'll be calling them tomorrow to bitch
What's wrong with zip ties? Kidding...my ass would be chapped. :nonono:

Hope they can get em to you ASAP.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
basecamper:

Looks like you're gonna have a pretty unique build. Looking forward to it...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck with your build, I just installed my LOD sliders, they forgot to ship the bolts, I'll be calling them tomorrow to bitch
I would be too 6 week lead time and on the upper end for price you would think they could get the order packed correctly :rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi, my interest is in a DD that I will use for overlanding / expedition journeys. Just posting here to subscribe - love your Jeep, keep the pics coming.

Oh, by the way, does your Jeep have a name?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Subscribed. I climb as well-you know the only place is North Shore-Taylor's or road trip to a different time zone ;)
I'm in the cities-you close?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Subscribed. I climb as well-you know the only place is North Shore-Taylor's or road trip to a different time zone ;)
I'm in the cities-you close?
North Metro. Ya climbing in MN is a bit limited for sure. I do mostly expedition type climbing Mt Rainier, Denali, CO 14ers, and this summer I'm climbing Kilimanjaro. Lucky for me I can work from anywhere so I spend a fair amount of time in Colorado.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, my interest is in a DD that I will use for overlanding / expedition journeys. Just posting here to subscribe - love your Jeep, keep the pics coming.

Oh, by the way, does your Jeep have a name?
No name yet. Up next electronics probably late next week. Dynomat and polyfil the enclosures, install Kicker speakers, CB, and the sPOD. Then the Dually's but I need to paint the pillar brackets when they come in and I will also need to fab a rear light bracket. I will take some pics for sure

·
Registered
173 Posts
basecamper said:
North Metro. Ya climbing in MN is a bit limited for sure. I do mostly expedition type climbing Mt Rainier, Denali, CO 14ers, and this summer I'm climbing Kilimanjaro. Lucky for me I can work from anywhere so I spend a fair amount of time in Colorado.
Nice-I've hit grand Teton and spent 3 summers in the Yalley and Moab/Red Rocks. Would love to hit the flat irons this summer ;)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
basecamper said:
AEV JK 2" Apacer Suspension System I think this will suit my needs. Although I wish they would have had their 2 1/2" system out before I bought this one so I could have compared them
I'm curious to see how that is. I didn't want to do spacers with the stock Sahara suspension so I'm trying to hold out on the 2.5" kit.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts