Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
AEV JK 2" Apacer Suspension System I think this will suit my needs. Although I wish they would have had their 2 1/2" system out before I bought this one so I could have compared them
Nice build!!! You talk about the AEV 2 1/2'" lift yet I dont see it on their site. Coming soon?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
dvdsjk said:
Nice build!!! You talk about the AEV 2 1/2'" lift yet I dont see it on their site. Coming soon?
Very soon! They said it was supposed to be released in December, but no word yet. They have it on a few jeeps now though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very nice! I had the same thing in mind with my 2012 Sport. I'm kind of tired of doing the wrench turning so I had AEV do the work! I got the full JKU231S package. I wish I would've waited like you and gone with the 2.5" instead of the 3.5" lift. The Jeep is quite tall now and when I get the Gobi roof rack installed I think I'll be over 7'.

Lookin' forward to seein' how yours comes along!

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
mflint1513 said:
Very nice! I had the same thing in mind with my 2012 Sport. I'm kind of tired of doing the wrench turning so I had AEV do the work! I got the full JKU231S package. I wish I would've waited like you and gone with the 2.5" instead of the 3.5" lift. The Jeep is quite tall now and when I get the Gobi roof rack installed I think I'll be over 7'.

Lookin' forward to seein' how yours comes along!
Woah. Must be one sweet jeep :thumb:

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Keep the teardrop light. I had to go to a PW to handle the weight of mine...

Are you on ExPo?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well the last couple of days have been busy got my sPOD installed, Tuffy drawer installed, Cooltech Antenna mounted for CB, and my speaker upgrade/mod complete. Here are pictuires on the speaker upgrade and mod I'll will have pictures of the rest tomorrow.

Required parts:
Dynamat $47.99 Amazon
2 bags Polyfil $33.18 Amazon
4 Kicker Speakers $147.16 ebay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
More pics and comments:

First I am not an audiophile by any stretch but I am very happy with the upgrade the 430N now sounds as good as the 430N in our 2011 GC. If I had to do it over again I would start with the Polyfil and Dynamat and see if that improved it enough for me. If not, then I would add the Kicker speaker upgrade. The drivers side front speaker is difficult to get out the rest are a piece of cake. one tip use plastic over your scredriver or socket and you won't mar the paint on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks good. I poly'd the box and the toolbar speakers (that whole thing is damn near hollow!)-never thought of pulling the speaker. As for dynamat....if it wasn't a wrangler, Id do it. But IMO-its a waste. It'll help-but the tire and solid axle combo makes for noise no matter what.
I did install the Quadratec Boom Mat in my roof. Wife noticed-and I didn't tell her I did it ;)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Did you upgrade the speakers on the lower dash as well as soundbar speakers? I saw the upgraded sound bar kicker speakers on Qtec, but didn't realize there were direct replacements for the dash ones.

·
BBQTIME
174 Posts
Looking good! That's quite a list - what's a breather tube mod? I love stumbling upon mods I didn't even know I needed thanks to the forum.

21 - 40 of 149 Posts