Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not much changed in two years

LoD UPDATE!!
I want to update this thread regarding my review of the LoD signature sliders. Chris from LoD has stepped up and agreed to send me a new set of sliders and assures me that the fitment and powder coat chip issues I experienced were the exception and not the rule with his product. The fact that Chris is willing to send me a new set of sliders when he has long since passed a point where he was making money says a lot about Chris and his company. I also did not realize that Chris had offered to replace the sliders when I advised of the point chips and he had suggested if the touch up paint did not meet my satisfaction to let him know. In the end a phone call would have solved my issues so shame on me maybe I need a course in what customer service looks like :nonono:

I look forward to receiving my new sliders and encourage you to give Chris a call if you're in the market :thumb:

I know this is an old thread but I just want to say that not much has changed with LoD in two years. I just put the sliders on my JK over the weekend and found the front mounting bracket to be almost 1/4 inch short of reaching the frame. I'm going to put a 3/16 in plate behind it to reduce the amount of distance it pulls the slider in towards the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Well after almost four months of waiting (hurt finger/ Denali climb/ brothers schedule) I finally got the new lift installed. I ended up doing it myself because I got tired of waiting on my brother. Although a bit scary because I'm a decent woodworker but auto mechanics has never been my strong suit or even something I really desired to do until the Jeep. I just took my time and used this forum when I got stuck in the end it was pretty straight forward and I am really happy with the results.

AEV Dualsport 2 1/2" lift/ Rancho 9000xl shocks/ Rancho Geo Correction Brackets/ New front links/ Teraflex monster adjustable track bar

Also added and ARB fridge and dedicated outlet for it in the plastic driver side rear panel

Up next rear bumper water mod, tweeter mod, Tailgator, and back up camera

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
What are your thoughts of the rancho shocks paired with aev?
Well I will start out by saying this is a very subjective question I will provide my opinions but others may not agree LOL.

I went with this set up to improve handling primarily body roll especially in the wind and it delivered. In my opinion it handles noticeably better. Regarding ride the suspension is definitely stiffer then it was factory I am still playing with the shock settings but I preferred the stock ride. If I had a chance to do it over knowing what I now know I would still go with this setup. Yes its a bit stiffer but the body roll and blowing around in a cross wind is gone and the trade off is worth it to me. Hope this was helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Mucho nice build. Can you share what kind of lights you have on the bumper? They look great. Deciding between something like that or a light bar for that spot. How do you like them?
Thanks! They are Hella Rally 4000 Driving lights and I love them!! I have them wired through my sPod and also to my high beams. When the sPod switch is on and I hit my high beams the 4000's come on. When the sPod is off they do not. I purchased the lights and the custom harness from rallylights.com.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella-rallye-4000-compact-auxiliary-lamp.html

141 - 149 of 149 Posts