Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So something really weird happened to me today. I parked my jeep around 7:30 this morning, went to class, and got back around 6:30. Got in my jeep and when I went to start it, everything just went black. Almost like the battery dying but there wasn't any juice left at all. So I open the hood and looked at the terminals. Both tight. When I tried to move the negative side it sparked. However it was not loose. When I got back to the jeep everything was normal and it started right up, except that everything has been reset (like the battery was disconnected. Any ideas on how it did that when both terminals are tight?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
So something really weird happened to me today. I parked my jeep around 7:30 this morning, went to class, and got back around 6:30. Got in my jeep and when I went to start it, everything just went black. Almost like the battery dying but there wasn't any juice left at all. So I open the hood and looked at the terminals. Both tight. When I tried to move the negative side it sparked. However it was not loose. When I got back to the jeep everything was normal and it started right up, except that everything has been reset (like the battery was disconnected. Any ideas on how it did that when both terminals are tight?
You better open hood and check again! SOMETHING! was loose

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always carry my tools with me so I made sure they were snug, but when I get back to my garage and out of this 1 degree weather I'll do some more investigating! Lol. And thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
615 Posts
Possibly corrosion between the terminal and clamp. When you moved the clamp it made better contact. Just a SWAG.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If the negative terminal sparked when you grabbed it. It was not making a good connection. I would loosen the terminals, make sure they are clean "corrosion free" then push terminals all the way down on the posts, then tighten. You should be good to go after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts