Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own a Jump starter battery pack such as Noco boost or Micro start or other brands and have any opinions on which are the best?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I use NOCO and have for several years. I charge it about once every six months just to maintain a full level of boost. I think it’s great, but I have no experience with Micro for comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
644 Posts
Bought a GooLoo on amazon a couple years ago. Was going to leave it in the jeep, but it's so handy it gets left at work. I've jump started many many vehicles with it. I'm always amazed the small battery, and small wires can jump start a rig so easily.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I have a BlueFuel from Napa. I have not had the chance to use it yet, but I have confidence it will work when I do. I charge it once a month and it's always down to 89% charge. Wish it would stay up around 95% between charges, but Oh-Well!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not familiar with Micro Start but have the NOCO GB40 model, I've used it a couple times with no problems. I like that it has a flashlight and USB charger as well.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
I’ve had the NOCO GB70 in my Jeep for about four years. I’ve not needed it for my Jeep yet but jumped half a dozen cars and a few diesel trucks. Three were jeeps on remote trails. This year I got the GB40 for my wife and daughters cars. Even though I proactively change their batteries every three years I don’t want them stuck somewhere. No more jumper cables.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I read that they don’t work on the JL. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have the NOCO too but saw in a utube video that it wasn't the best one out there, another brand that I didn't recognize the name did the best.

This guy on Project Farm tests a lot of stuff in his garage and seems to know what he's doing

Check out his other videos too on oil, knives, and other stuff

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I was skeptical but Noco sent me a GB150 and I love it.. and since I've had it, it's saved me a few times.. I've had one of the older lead-acid (40lb) starters since I got my Jeep but these new smaller ones are better (and smarter).

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I bought the beatit off Amazon awhile back. It says 1800 amps. I am quite impressed that something this small can jump start a car.
I like that is has USB ports, and a flashlight. It came in handy last year when we lost power, it kept my phone charged.

·
Registered
230 Posts
FYI, I picked up Cobra Jumpack XL over Christmas that was on year end sale. Used it once,very easy to use and small footprint makes it easy to store in glove box. Also has like others mentioned, flashlight and USB charger.

Just another data point. Hope that helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Noco GB40

I like Noco products. I have the battery maintainer (Genius 3500) and the jump box GB40. I've probably used the GB40 a dozen times (generally not on the Jeep but on other cars and trucks) and it's been flawless. I like the USB interface (you can plug it into a USB port for a longer drive and it's ready to go for the future) and if you have a dead phone it can help you out there, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts