Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Battery keeps dying!!

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  URascal 
#1 ·
Hi,
Tonight I got back from a 3 day trip to CA for the holidays. When I got home, I went to say hi to my Jeep but discovered the battery was dead. I just replaced an old battery about a month ago when the same thing happened. I didn't leave the lights on or anything. What could be draining my battery after sitting for 3 days while I was out of town? Thanks for your help.

#4 ·
How clean and tight are the battery connections? Can you move either of the battery connectors on the battery post indicating excessive wear? And even if the battery connections look clean, remove them and wire brush them until they are clean. Then reinstall the connectors and test them for tightness. If one or both cannot be tightened enough to prevent movement, respond here and I'll give you a free easy fix that will get the connectors tight again.

#7 ·
I thoroughly cleaned the connectors and everything and they are nice and tight. Interesting thought about the alarm. Why would the alarm drain it? Would make sense though. I bought the Jeep with it already installed. Seems like it only happens when I leave for a few days.

#8 ·
If you remove the positive cable from your battery and lightly touch the end to the post, you should not get any significant sparking. If you do, it means you have something drawing juice from the battery. That's when you start checking stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.