Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am having problems with my battery, or something else. The other day I had to get jump-started. I figured no big deal I accidentally left my headlights on. For the rest of the day, it was good. Then at the end of the day, I went to leave my house and I have nothing. No power whatsoever. I fiddled with the connections and tried it again. this time I had a flash of power then everything died out again. I have replaced the battery due to it having a bulging side. Then I took my terminals apart to check for corrosion. One of my wires had a little bit of corrosion, so I cleaned that up. Still have no power anywhere. The new battery was tested and it is supposedly at 85%. Has anyone run into something like this before, or know where to start for fixing it?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Assuming your cables and connections are good then next stop would be the fuse block under the hood. Id back up to the cables especially that you mentioned you fiddled with them and then your got power. Cables can look fine and be corroded internally where you cant see. Best thing if you have the ability is to OHM them while wiggling things around to narrow down a problem area. You did say bulging side which is a concern. Overcharging? Any other noticeable issue before this took place?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.