Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have no idea how old the battery in my Wrangler is, but it's starting to sound a little weak when I start her in the mornings. I still have my non-functional Grand Cherokee with a 2 month old battery in it. My question is, will that battery be safe to use in the Wrangler? Is there a way for me to tell based on what is printed on the battery?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yes. Check the model number on each battery. The GC will probably have a stronger battery so that should be OK. Most important is to check the polarity and physical dimensions as a start. You can look up the numbers for each battery if you like to compare. Stronger is better!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
If it fits, it will be fine. A 12 volt automotive battery can't be "too powerful", bigger batteries can simply provide the same power a smaller battery does but for a longer period of time. The battery only provides as much power as the Jeep is drawing, it doesn't have the ability to force more power into the Jeep than is been requested by the Jeep.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks guys. I don't know much about car electrical, I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't blow anything up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts