Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jk won't start and it's only a 2013 , and j haven't left any lights on, I jumped it and it ran fine but after I turned it off it didn't start again. Does anyone know what it could be ?

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
Providing that it is charging, then you probably have a bad Battery.
If you have less than 36,000 miles on it, then it should be covered by warranty.

The Batteries that are original, from the Factory, are marginal at best.

Sears Die Hard, and Odyssey, are some of your better Batteries........:thumb:

View attachment 1658001

^^^Not cheap, but one of the best!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
What I know about batteries, is, you shouldn't jump start a dead battery. A DEAD BATTERY IS LIKE A SHORT TO GROUND. And will also kill alternators. I can almost guarantee you that your alternator is not putting out the charging current it use to.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Mopar branded JK batteries only seem to last 2-4 yrs. with 4 yrs. being optimistic. I replaced mine at 3yrs. not wanting to get stuck.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
When I bought my previous vehicle, a Toyota Tacoma, the battery was dead when I went to test drive it. They had to replace the battery before I even tested it out. My last battery from Autozone only lasted 18 months. That the battery to a place like Autozone and they will test it for free.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Sounds like either a bad battery or a bad charging system. So, if it is still warranty, take it in and let the dealer sort it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts