Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case....I am doing a coil spacer lift ('02 TJ)this weekend with new shocks: wondering what bolts to buy in advance, in case of breakage/stripping. Shocks came with all hardware, what about the bolts holding the stabilizer? What other stuff can I get in advance, in case of problems? I have compressor and impact gun avail, ramps too....just anticipating the worst! Been spraying all the bolts with PB for last week or two...Thank you for any info in advance!

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
did the BB kit come with bumpstop extensions? If not, you'll need those too, with longer bolts. I'd also suggest drilling and tapping the front spring perch for 1/2-13 while you've got the springs out.

plan on destroying the rear upper shock bolts as well. drill out the weldnut and just change to a flange bolt and nut.

if you live in the rust belt, plan on problems with a lot of other bolts as well.

don't forget to loosen all the control arm bolts before lifting the jeep, and retorque then after settling the jeep at the new ride height. this is to "reset" the bushings...will help your control arms live longer.

might want to grab some cam bolts at NAPA for the front axle just in case. you'll be able to dial up the caster so it doesn't drive so squirrely.

theres a whole lot more technical information in my signature...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, Thanks! Kit didn't come with Bumpstop extensions. Will have to look into that. The upper shock mounts look pretty rusty. The rears look like they will be no fun at all getting off!! Cam bolts shouldn't be hard to find either. Will probably take it for an alignment though, as I am no mechanic myself!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts