Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here had any experience with aftermarket performance throttle bodies? Was it a noticeable change in power? How bout mpg? If you have tried other brands like Painless id like to hear about those too.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Be careful with those performance tb's. Too much throttle on takeoff and you'll lift your front tires off the ground.
In other words, don't waste your money, speed equipment on a JEEP doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well im in the middle of sorting out random misfires thought if I had to buy a tb at somepoint why not, but ya I agree no need to make it a ricer I just do alot of highway driving.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I tried the BBK on my '05 when my OEM started sticking. I had it on for about 2 hours. It let too much air in and the computer couldn't figure out what was going on. The engine was idling around 3k. I spoke with 4WD Hardware and they sent me to BBK and they couldn't figure out why it was doing that. Returned it the next day. Cleaned the stocker really well and haven't had an issue since.

·
Vendor
6,288 Posts
Most larger CFM TBs are a waste unless you do the cam, headers and exhaust as well. Don't forget a hotter multi-fire ignition too. Then you hope all this supposed new found power ends up in the right band for it to be usable for a jeep.

Try looking at you TB shaft seals for air leaks. Anywhere else for leaks as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts