Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the 3" BDS lift kit and noticed the following statement:

Many companies don't include anything to correct your alignment, but BDS includes octo cam washers for the front lower control arms to fine tune the caster angle.

Does that eliminate the need for geometry correction brackets?

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=45&yr=2012-2015

Select 3" from the top right side menu.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I was looking at the 3" BDS lift kit and noticed the following statement:

Many companies don't include anything to correct your alignment, but BDS includes octo cam washers for the front lower control arms to fine tune the caster angle.

Does that eliminate the need for geometry correction brackets?

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=45&yr=2012-2015

Select 3" from the top right side menu.
You do not want cam bolts ! If you get that lift spend the extra coin and get the geo correction brackets...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
I was looking at the 3" BDS lift kit and noticed the following statement: Many companies don't include anything to correct your alignment, but BDS includes octo cam washers for the front lower control arms to fine tune the caster angle. Does that eliminate the need for geometry correction brackets? http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=45&yr=2012-2015 Select 3" from the top right side menu.
Lol..this is how I read it

Many company's don't include anything to correct your alignment .... So widen your control arm mount holes and install these $2 cam bolts :D

The link below on caster angle explains why caster angle is important.

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is the lift I had on my Billet. I took it back to the Off-road shop several times for steering wheel shake. They told me it was normal. When I first had this kit put on. I had to have the front end alignment done again. It was all messed up. Do yourself a favor, and listen to these guys and pay the extra money for the brackets, and make sure your off-road installers are not dumbass's. Mine even told me that it was ok to put the 35" spare on the oem tire carrier. "This is a very dangerous thing to do." Sure it will work, but if you hit the wrong pothole or bump; it could break. Pay the extra money and do it right! I myself will never have my Jeep lifted again. It works just fine from the factory, for what I want to do. Yes it looks cool lifted, but cool isn't everything. :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm still on the fence about the lift. Taking my time with the planning. May not even get one.

It seems that most lifts in the 2-3" range are incomplete.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
I would go with the TF 2.5 which includes a rear raised TB bracket. Their 9550 shocks or a set of Rancho 9000's for about the same price.
Front control arms are not necessary but really nice to have to help the steering.
You can also use correction brackets which up caster and smoothen out the ride.
$1000 is about the min to do a 2.5-3" right.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would go with the TF 2.5 which includes a rear raised TB bracket. Their 9550 shocks or a set of Rancho 9000's for about the same price. Front control arms are not necessary but really nice to have to help the steering. You can also use correction brackets which up caster and smoothen out the ride. $1000 is about the min to do a 2.5-3" right.
Thanks kjeeper. Probably best to stick with the tried and true brands.

Seems like a good combo there. I'd just need to add the quick discos and upgrade the steering stabilizer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts