Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 4" BDS lift for my 2007 Sahara 2 door. I would like to fit 37" tires. The JK is my daily driver so offroading would be minimal, mainly trails and mud, no rock crawling or anything. I'm considering Mickey Thompson Classic rims with 37/12.5/17 Coopers. The shop is recommending dual steering stabilizers. Is there anything else I should consider or think about?

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
Read this and get back to us
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/newbys-guide-to-lifting-your-jk-298665.html

Couple notes
* dual stabs are unnecessary
* 4" is going to require a complete kit with fill adjustability and drive shafts.
* steering correction
* 2.5-3" w/ flat flares and some minor trimming will run a 37 and save on the driveline.
* at 4" pinion/caster can become a issue. Info here http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/jeep-jk-caster-and-lifting-502001.html
* BDS is decent but usually recommended because shops make the most money. There's better stuff out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After looking at the options I have settled on the BDS 3 inch lift. At least I think so anyway. 35" Interco Thornbirds on Mickey Baja Beadlocks should look pretty sweet with that combo on my rescue green JK don't you think.

Should I still add lower control arms to the 3" kit? It does not come with LCA's.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I would recommend adding control arms.

In looking at the kit, it is incomplete in my opinion at 3" especially on a 2 door. There are parts in the lift I would recommend tossing. Do no use the cam bolts, get control arms instead or control arm drop brackets a la AEV or Rancho. Get a front adjustable trackbar also scrap the rear swaybar link drop brackets and get some replacement longer ones.

I would also want brake lines at 3" of lift instead of brake line drop brackets. I am also not aware that you need an exhaust extension kit for the 2007-2011 JK. I didn't need one on my 2008 with 3.5" of lift.

-Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the information. I ended up going with the 4" BDS kit with added dual steering stabilizers. For the wheels and tires I went with Mickey Thompson 17" sidebiters with 35" Baja MTZ's. I'll post pics once it's all done.

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
Really ...Did you understand anything that was said ?
4" is way to much lift. Check this out
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/jeep-jk-caster-and-lifting-502001.html

Are you installing it yourself ?
I bet Dan can get you a better kit and save you a ton of money.

FYI .. I've dealt with most issues at 3.5" of lift. Same road as you. IMO you are setting yourself up for failure.

Ok so ... "sc**w all of you, I'm going with BDS"
At least do without
- dual stabs
- drop pitman arm (see link above) and opt for a Steering correction kit like this (pic)
Combined (DPA and Duals) you are going to tax your steering pump and put unwanted stress on the steering box.

Just trying to help maN. There's a few guys on here that will agree.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
MTZs :thumb:

If those are 35s that doesn't look like 4" of lift which is actually a good thing. Did you measure how much effective lift you got>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.