Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was looking at bds suspension lifts just now, and I had a question.

Why does the 2" lift come with no bump stop extensions and the 3" lift has 2" bumpstop extensions? Doesn't that mean the 2" lift will have more travel or am I missing something?

Not planning on buying any of these right night, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
722 Posts
No idea. I did a 2" BDS lift a couple of weeks ago. I needed 3/4" in front and 1.5 in the rear.

I covered it with 1" in front and 2" in the rear.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's more the fact that they just don't provide you with them in the 2" lift than not needing them. Makes sense

·
Registered
722 Posts
So it's more the fact that they just don't provide you with them in the 2" lift than not needing them. Makes sense
Correct.

The compressed length of the new shocks is longer than the stock shocks. Factory bump stops are tuned for the stock shock length. You don't want your new shocks to become your new bump stops.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
awesome to know, somehow my cousin convinced me to not install my bump stops. maybe cuz it was 5am an we've been working on it all night, but I'll be installing them tomorrow after work!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been looking at the BDS 2" lift as well. Did you have to do any other mods to after install? TC drop track bar etc? Hope I'm not high jacking, first time on a form.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Other than bump stops, I didn't install anything else.

I ordered the OME trackbar relocation bracket, but I didn't install it for a couple of reasons.

I didn't order a front trackbar because I don't want to deal with the trackbar interference issues.

I don't have any driveline vibrations so no transfer case drop, though I probably would have gone the BL + MML route.

Your milage may vary, of course. In my situation, I was sitting a little lower than stock because of my winch and rear bumper. So my net gain was less than 2 inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts