Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am checking out several routes for my 2in lift.I think I am going with Springs from BDS,but what about shocks.Would any nitro style shock give me a good on road ride.See Im trying to bal on & off road.
How does everyone decide where they get there comp from?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Just get the BDS 2" spring and shock package. Many of us have it and it is one of the best riding mid priced 2" lifts you can get.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just get the BDS 2" spring and shock package. Many of us have it and it is one of the best riding mid priced 2" lifts you can get.
How much was it & where did you get yours?I cant just get a "package" right? I am debating between EMU,BDS & Zone.I thing BDS is between EMU & Zone for quality.Yeah I know Zone is made by BDS but you cant beat BDS on warranty.
I really think I should do it right & just go for the EMU but just looking for other options.Theres sooo many out there.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I was told by BDS that the shocks didn't have the lifetime warranty, but the hardware did.

How much was it & where did you get yours?I cant just get a "package" right? I am debating between EMU,BDS & Zone.I thing BDS is between EMU & Zone for quality.Yeah I know Zone is made by BDS but you cant beat BDS on warranty.
I really think I should do it right & just go for the EMU but just looking for other options.Theres sooo many out there.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told by BDS that the shocks didn't have the lifetime warranty, but the hardware did.
Hmmm as I figure it Im going to spend about $660.00 for 4 BDS springs & shocks The EMU is about $790 & EMU includes the bump stop kit .So In reality the EMU isnt really all that much more.Now Zone on the other hand is several hundred less.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The 2" BDS lift kit that I've seen is about $400. You can usually find this kit on ebay.

Hmmm as I figure it Im going to spend about $660.00 for 4 BDS springs & shocks The EMU is about $790 & EMU includes the bump stop kit .So In reality the EMU isnt really all that much more.Now Zone on the other hand is several hundred less.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow,i didnt realize it came with shocks!!! Im getting soo loopy looking at hundreds of sites & threads.Sounds like this is the way Im going.thanks for clearing it up.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

Warranty BDS Suspension's No-Fine-Print Warranty
This unique warranty proves our commitment to the quality and reliability of every product we make.The No Fine Print warranty does not include shock and stabilizer cylinders.

No Fine Print Warranty
If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.
Shock and Stabilizer Cylinders Limited Lifetime Warranty
BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its shock and stabilizer cylinders are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product and mounting bushings. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust, worn or deformed bushings. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.

BDS Suspension's obligation under all warranties is limited to the repair or replacement, at BDS's option, of the defective material. Any cost of removal, installation or reinstallation, freight charges, incidental or consequential damages are expressly excluded from these warranties.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Warranty BDS Suspension's No-Fine-Print Warranty
This unique warranty proves our commitment to the quality and reliability of every product we make.The No Fine Print warranty does not include shock and stabilizer cylinders.

No Fine Print Warranty
If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.
Shock and Stabilizer Cylinders Limited Lifetime Warranty
BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its shock and stabilizer cylinders are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded from this warranty are the finish of the product and mounting bushings. Defects in material and workmanship do not include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust, worn or deformed bushings. A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.

BDS Suspension's obligation under all warranties is limited to the repair or replacement, at BDS's option, of the defective material. Any cost of removal, installation or reinstallation, freight charges, incidental or consequential damages are expressly excluded from these warranties.
Yup,shocks & stabilizers not included.I hate when companies do that

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
There is nothing to hate. Shocks are a wearable item that will wear out. No one is going to offer a lifetime warranty for a part like that.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone measured after putting these springs in.Im wondering if Im going to get slightly more than 2".Im just torn between 2 & 3".
also,is there a huge chance that going 3" will give me vibrations?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My son and I just installed BDS 2" lift springs w shocks on my 04 TJ. I did get drive line vibs at 25-30 mph but it was an easy fix by lowering the tcase 3/4". Rides, handles and looks great! Was going to do pucks, but musta been good this year, Santa came through! Will update the profile pic soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will add that i would have put the 2.5" OME lift on if it wasnt strecthing my funds too much. Ive heard the OME is the best ride quality you can possibly get but youll pay a little more for it

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Good shocks are key to a good ride at 2-3" , Bilstein 5100s Rancho 9000XLs and OME is one way of knowing you will have a great ride and will last . you do get what you pay for it seems with shocks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts