Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the BDS suspension systems? I'm looking at the 3" BDS system for my 04 unlimited. It looks like it comes with everything I would need for just a touch under $700 shipped from 4by4connection.com
Has anyone used these guys before

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I've never really heard much nor done any research on them... if cost is an issue, I'd really look at Full-Traction's 3" lift. For under $500 you get everything that BDS offers plus an adjustable track bar. Plus on a 3" lift, you really don't need the drop pitman arm that the BDS kit comes with.

JeepLJGuy on here runs the Full-Traction kit I suggested and loves it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I completely forgot about full traction. So everything I would need is in that kit? Whats the reason for not needing the pitman arm?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at the full traction system on 4x4groupbuy.com

I saw that the recommended tire size is 31x10.50.... On the BDS system they recommend the 33x12.50....Both systems are the 3" systems.. What am I missing here?:confused:

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
some manufacurers are a little more conservative when it comes to running different size tires. I've actually seen a number of people running 33" tires on the Full-Traction kit. JeepLJGuy is running 32x11.5 tires and it looks to have way more than enough room.

On a TJ's steering system, the drop pitman arm isnt need untill 4-5" of lift or taller.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok good. well I guess its time to order it lol...
Then comes my tires wow I think I'm gonna be broke lol. Oh well you cant die with your money

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
True... I know I'm fearing the purchase of tires too, but I got to do it for the lift, otherwise a RE 3.5SF with 29" tires is gonna look kinda retarded :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I know the feeling. I have 30x9.50's on mine now. if I go with the lift tires will have to wait till the end of summer I think. Or when I sell the parts from my Mustang I just sold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts