Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beach season is here! And the Wrangler is one of the best family beach vehicles.
Post up your favorite gear, must haves, wants, etc for your beach trips.
Day-beachers, overnighters, whatever.
Chairs, blankets, hammocks, racks, toys, awnings, food stuffs....

I've got my eye on one of these large blankets.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWB5Y31/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
210 Posts
Info on that shelter? :)

I bought it on sale from Dicks Sporting. I will try to get the name off of it tomorrow after I get home from turkey hunting. I think it was under 100 clams and worth every penny.

I want to add an awning off the back of the Jeep and I have a rod rack that fits in the trailer hitch as my rods are 10 feet long. I bought a double hitch post from Harbor Freight and have my cooler and bulky stuff under the rod rack.

My wife gave me a small battery operated fan for the low wind days and for hunting in my ground blind. It helps keep the gnats and flies away .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Where is the photo taken? OBX? Freeman Park? Or Fort Fisher?

I'm in Greensboro and love the NC coast.

It was taken at Okracoke. It is the island south of Hatteras and accessible by ferry,boat or plane. We use the Swan Quarter ferry to get there. It doesn't cost too much and the island is really nice. About 15 miles long and undeveloped on the beach. You have to buy a permit to access it but the fishing is great as well as other water sports.

Portsmouth Island is the next island down and is accessible only by ferry. It isn't developed so you have to bring everything with you unless you rent one of the park cabins.

Freeman and Fisher are nice beaches too and are south of me but still within 1-1/2 hrs. I haven't had as much success fishing there as I have on Hatteras and Ocracoke.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I bought it on sale from Dicks Sporting. I will try to get the name off of it tomorrow after I get home from turkey hunting. I think it was under 100 clams and worth every penny.

I want to add an awning off the back of the Jeep and I have a rod rack that fits in the trailer hitch as my rods are 10 feet long. I bought a double hitch post from Harbor Freight and have my cooler and bulky stuff under the rod rack.

My wife gave me a small battery operated fan for the low wind days and for hunting in my ground blind. It helps keep the gnats and flies away .

This looks like it here.
Caravan Sports 9 ft. x 6 ft. Blue Sport Shelter-80010100990 - The Home Depot

How small of a pack does it fold into? Is is mesh in the back? We had a shelter before but it was solid material and every breeze caught the thing and folded it inside out. Mesh would let some of that air through.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Beach Bums! Let's see your favorite beach gear.
My favorite beach gear is 2nd gear with the new 4.88s. :cool: Not too slow and the motor isn't bogging down. Don't have any pics though.

Oh... Sorry...

The jeep is the number one favorite on the beach. I just use a standard Coleman tent at night, canopy tent for shade in the daytime, and folding chairs. Going beach camping tonight and will have to get some pics of the setup. Now I am really excited about the new fire pit. It has to get the final coats of paint before use, but here it is: :punk:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
210 Posts
This looks like it here.
Caravan Sports 9 ft. x 6 ft. Blue Sport Shelter-80010100990 - The Home Depot

How small of a pack does it fold into? Is is mesh in the back? We had a shelter before but it was solid material and every breeze caught the thing and folded it inside out. Mesh would let some of that air through.
That looks to be the same one. It has mesh on all three sides and has done well in stiff breezes. It is helpful to have 2 folks setup and take down in windy conditions but only takes a few minutes with one person and no wind. It is also water repellent/proof as we have sat out a few rains under it and kept dry. I sometimes take my pop up hunting blind so the wife can take care of business in private if we are going to be out for a good part of the day and not near bathhouse.

It rolls up in a case about 24" long and 3-4" diameter. It is so small it stays in the jeep all the time in a plastic tub with other essentials.

I carry some essential gear for beaches that includes 30 ft tow strap, hi-Lift jack, wooden board, air pump and shovel. I have never had to use it for myself but have had to get a few folks out. Some of the places we go aren't very populated and I don't want to be stuck either. I also have a cb radio and vhf radio I carry as backup to the cell phone. And don't forget the insect repellent and I usually have my Thermacell in the tub.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My favorite beach gear is 2nd gear with the new 4.88s. :cool: Not too slow and the motor isn't bogging down. Don't have any pics though.

Oh... Sorry...

The jeep is the number one favorite on the beach. I just use a standard Coleman tent at night, canopy tent for shade in the daytime, and folding chairs. Going beach camping tonight and will have to get some pics of the setup. Now I am really excited about the new fire pit. It has to get the final coats of paint before use, but here it is: :punk:

Did you make or buy the fire pit? It looks like it was water jetted or hi definition plasma and assembled with locking tabs. My shop has used the VHT paint (very hi temp) with good success and it will withstand 1200 degrees. You can buy it in most auto stores. I like the looks of that and might have to model it in Solidworks and water jet one out. How thick is the metal on yours?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Did you make or buy the fire pit? It looks like it was water jetted or hi definition plasma and assembled with locking tabs. My shop has used the VHT paint (very hi temp) with good success and it will withstand 1200 degrees. You can buy it in most auto stores. I like the looks of that and might have to model it in Solidworks and water jet one out. How thick is the metal on yours?
I bought it from a local club member. I am thinking water jetted as the edges are too smooth and clean for plasma. It has 5 cans of high temp engine paint on it now and I have 3 more cans of metallic blue on the way. The metal is 3/16" and it is a bit heavier than I would have liked, but still portable. Being as I have a 2 door, it will be carried on a hitch cargo rack. It should be ready for Go Topless Day camping on the beach here in May.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You guys disappoint me...19 posts and not a single mention of "bikini" in the bunch!

Honestly though...baby powder! It's the most valuable thing to have when trying to get sand out of your ass crack.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts