Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I will be traveling to Yellowstone from Billings via the Beartooth Hwy in early August (then continuing on to Jackson Hole). We would like to hit some trails along the way. I’ve heard about Hellroaring Rd, Goose Lake Trail, and Lulu Pass that I think are all doable with our Hard Rock Rubicon. My question is how long would it take to do each of these trails (round trip)? Can we fit them all in one day? If you could only do one (or two) because of time, which would you choose?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
goose lake trail is worth spending the better part of the day on. And yes any rubicon will do fine on it as it is not tough. just spectacular. invest in this book before you come out and it will give you plenty of ideas of neat trails. Tell Willie that Jeff sent you. Grizzly Gulch Publications LLC - Home

this is the hardest part and it is not hard.

Goose lake.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Goose Lake will eat pretty much a whole day, especially if you want to do the hike to Goose/Little Goose Lakes.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f24/be...se-lake-grasshopper-glacier-area-1868633.html

Conceivably, you could hit Lulu and Daisy at the same time. Hell Roaring is maybe 3 hours round trip. A lot easier road than Goose Lake. Someplace on this site I probably posted a thread on the Hell Roaring Plateau. Hairpin Lake has some great fishing.

And yes, a stock Rubicon can do it all but you will no doubt be testing the skid protection on Goose Lake. Lulu is basically a highway as it was rebuilt for the Crown Butte reclamation. It is pretty steep coming out the last part in Fisher Creek before the pass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts