Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this new product for use with Smartphones? Claims a 10 mile talk and text range with your smartphone while off the cell grid through bluetooth and RSM network? I have no clue how to view this tech but it seems pretty interesting and could make CB (with people you know) redundant? Seems like a lot of experts on pretty mucheverything around here. Thoughts?

https://www.beartooth.com/?gclid=CPyXk4bE6tQCFcVDhgodcMwNtg

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TrailBadger...

I thought of the proprietary issue as well. Maybe that makes it a poor alternative to a plain handheld CB or walkie set? I wonder if that range on RSM would be anything close in the kind of terrain most people aspire to tackle - ie mountains? The mapping also seemed intriguing but I know that is very dependent upon the maps... Again, this is not my field. I'm more of a liberal arts type! Just saw it advertised as startup and thought it would interest the forum...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
@JCoeJ at this point any device which we can used without having to have a constant net connection would the externally desirable in most circles. Exploring new ideas would be a great way to test and review for the manufacture. Plus the mere fact that someone like yourself brings new products into our world tell me you on top of the electronic world and always searching for something new and better than current products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts