Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to start a thread to document my path, as i venture deeper into the abyss.

My Jeep started life as a 2012 JKU sport, with the upgraded inifinity speaker system, and bluetooth support. The previous owner seemed to know exactly how i wanted to built it, and did a lot of the hard work for me.

I bought it with the following upgrades.

2in lift with 2in level spacer up front.
pro comp wheels with 35" mickey Thompson mtz tires.
front smittybilt xrc bumper with 10k lbs winch, wireless remote, and synthetic line
rear rampage bumper with aux backup lights.
trec armor neo seat covers with molle loops
rear secure cargo box
factory freedom hard top, and brand new bikini top.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also added a cable lock to the spare. This one seemed to be the perfect length, and is a chain under the fabric cover, so its pretty tough.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also installed my handgun holster in the center console. I know, its not secure. You do not have to tell me. I will not use it with the top off, its just to hold the handgun when i cannot have it on me (CHL). This is the third vehicle ive installed this on, and i love it. I took plenty of pictures if anyone wants a write up.

Its a BlackHawk Serpa holster, and it locks the handgun in so it cant fall out on rough terrain.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today was a good day.

painted the antenna black
drilled drain holes in the mirrors
installed the 3 molle bags that came with the seat covers.

today was a good day.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havent had them very long, but i seem to remember reading on the site that they are guaranteed for at least 3 years on fading.

they fit great, and ive read they make the stock seats more comfy because they are tight enough to offer some support.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a lot done this weekend!! I wired up the lights in the rear bumper, did the turn signal mod, plasti dipped the badges, and key holes, painted my exhause, made myself some threshold covers, and installed my front D rings.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She stranded me and the fam yesterday at the local burger house. Lucky i had a buddy that lives close, and he came to help out.

$171 for a new battery and i was on my way.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
on the tool set? I was wondering how much clearance there was on the doors. I may do like you did, or i have some plasti dip left over.

thats what its really for right?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Latest addition.

the Xrc bumper caused me to loose my factory fogs, so i ordered up a set of Inspired Engineering amber cubes with the quick install harness.

I have to say, with the exception of working around the winch to install the brackets, this was the easiest light set ive ever installed.

[/URL]

I will get some night shots when i can.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts