Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a nice 88 wrangler with 258 5speed. It has 3" suspension and 2" body on 35s.

I am aquiring the parts and knowledge needed to install my built 6.0 lq4/sm-465/np205 setup with full width half ton axles. I will probably do a spring over setup. Running no bigger then 35s. This is a general purpose dd/trail/hunting rig.

I just ordered the novak hydraulic clutch setup for the 465. What engine mounts do you recommend for this swap. Also, is there anyone who makes drop in driveshafts for this swap?

My lq4 is rebuilt with milled heads, small cam and an edelbrock dual carb setup with dual edelbrock 500cfm 4barrels.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Give Novak a call for the mounts, the drive shafts.... You might have to get them custom made.

·
Registered
886 Posts
SirGeorgeKillian said:
I have nothing useful to add, but this thread is worthless without pitchers.....
Are you planning on playing baseball or something?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well here is the jeep. The lq4 block is still at machine shop waiting on cam bearings. Soon as they are in i can build the motor and take pics of that. And everyone knows what a 4 speed and tcase looks like lol. The jeep is in great shape and runs fine.

I have been building a 1980 Chevy Swb 4wd and decided to buy the jeep from my dad instead and swap it over. After selling my old solid roller 355 from the Chevy to my uncle and selling the truck I will end up with the tranny/tcase and axles for free.

I have always dreamed of having a full width v8 jeep and I'm finally making it come true. I talked to a guy locally and he said I can get the drive shafts made local for decent price. Now i just need to order motor mounts.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The build won't start for maybe another month. I am gathering parts needed for it. I want to have everything here all at once.

I need a flywheel from a 3/4 ton chevy truck with an lq4 and manual tranny. Then I need motor mounts among other stuff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There is a huge thread about this on pirate4x4.com

·
Registered
253 Posts
The site is down right now I'll get on and link it for you sometime today

1 - 16 of 16 Posts