Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I got my tires, and put my rims on. I had to get spacers bc I bought the wrong rims for the look that I wanted. I wanted the tires to stick out of the bumpers, but it was resolved with some sort of adapters that the guy had. So far I love it, but I'm super skeptical when I take my truck in to get anything done to it bc I feel like something always goes opposite of what I wanted. Like I wanted tints to match my back soft top tints, but didn't want to have it so dark that I'd get pulled over...(from another place, not this place I just went to) and the dude blacked it out too much...

Anyway. I'm hoping that when I slow down and that grainy feel I get against the road is from the tire tread and not my brakes. Also, hope as the guy said, it won't touch my fenders and this was legit.

Tell me what ya think of a chick and her Beastarella!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
You Jeep looks great, but what do you mean by "stick out of your bumpers"?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You Jeep looks great, but what do you mean by "stick out of your bumpers"?
Forgive my ability to articulate. Let me try again :0)

What I mean is that I wanted the tires to be wider so it makes the jeep look a little wider itself. These are 13" wide.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
sweet looking wheels any issues with rubbing
Looks great, but I think the "beast" is going to need a little boost to go off-road and not rub.

WranglerChik, is there a little "UP" in the plans?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not feeling the grill (jm2c) but lovin' the wheels and tires. Looks great.
Thanks. You know, I bought those billet grills a while back before any mods and they have been bothering me for a while...but I kept them on for now until I have a chance to either plastidip them matte baby blue or matte black.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sweet looking wheels any issues with rubbing
The spacers were taken out today to figure out why the can shakes too much on high speeds, and I noticed there was def rubbing going on on the front bumper. So now I am in trial mode with the spacers off and the tires are a little more in from the flares (boo)...I went off on TMI

Point being, Beastarella def got rubbed wrong. Haha

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great, but I think the "beast" is going to need a little boost to go off-road and not rub.

WranglerChik, is there a little "UP" in the plans?
Right now, I took off the spacers and gonna see if we can get these "caps" or something he said in order to bring the tire closer to the rotors so as to maybe cure the cab shake when I'm at high speeds. Tires are about 13" wide so it doesn't make that much of a diff, but told the guy to hold onto the spacers and try that second thing...if all else fails, I put back on the spacers and give it an "up." Maybe then that'll solve the issue, eh? I hope.

I want to lift it eventually, but didn't want to do a BB. I wanted to save for a proper lift. What pain...hope it's resolved with the second option. Maybe the cab can't handle the tires and I have to change the suspension...(only 3k miles tho) or maybe my expectations are too high.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Right now, I took off the spacers and gonna see if we can get these "caps" or something he said in order to bring the tire closer to the rotors so as to maybe cure the cab shake when I'm at high speeds. Tires are about 13" wide so it doesn't make that much of a diff, but told the guy to hold onto the spacers and try that second thing...if all else fails, I put back on the spacers and give it an "up." Maybe then that'll solve the issue, eh? I hope.

I want to lift it eventually, but didn't want to do a BB. I wanted to save for a proper lift. What pain...hope it's resolved with the second option. Maybe the cab can't handle the tires and I have to change the suspension...(only 3k miles tho) or maybe my expectations are too high.
If you don't want to do a BB, I would suggest swapping out your front/rear springs and shocks for some take-offs out of a Rubicon Unlimited (4 door). Depending on the spring rate you have now, you may get about 1.5 to 2.0 inches of lift. I did just that with mine. I started with 14 spring rate in the fronts and 56 spring rate in the rears. I purchased a set of take-off shocks (red and black) and springs from a near-new Rubicon Unlimited that had spring rates of 18 front and 59 rear. Overall, I gained 1.5" in height. I also had (4) .75" Daystar coil spacers installed at the same time as the spring/shock swap. Overall lift height was 2.25" and it only cost me $260 for the parts (including the extended sway bar links I also purchased for the front) and $160 to have everything installed in 2 hours at my local shop. I am very pleased with the outcome, and it rides as good if not better than stock with the stiffer ride (less brake dive and body roll). :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is a picture of mine after the "lift". It may be a little hard to see, but you can tell that there is more clearance in the fender wells.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is a picture of mine after the "lift". It may be a little hard to see, but you can tell that there is more clearance in the fender wells.
Wow that was a lot to soak in and super informative! Thank you. I like the lift...it's not so bad at all. I just don't know why I really don't want to lift it. I put the tires on and now I have to modify the bumpers...it got expensive in a very drastic way haha so I want to wait on the suspension, but I'm also not happy driving on the highway. Such a dilemma.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts