Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
I Do What I Can
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to vent a little. I have had my 2010 Sahara since March. I have seen the JKs take a lot of hazing from owners of other models. One post called it a "right of passage" and I completely understand this. Although my JK is fully stock (hopefully not for long) I consider myself a "Jeeper". One of the biggest things I have heard about JK owners is that we don't wave and I am begining to see this as a valid truth. I wave to every Jeep I see, YJs, TJs, LJs, JKs, stock, modded, doesn't matter. However, I barely get waves back from other JKs and I know they see me (I roll my window down and stick my whole damn arm out the window). On my way to work today I waved at 4 Jeeps, 3 JKs and 1 YJ. NONE WAVED BACK! I feel pretty safe in assuming if you are on this forum you wave. I am posting this to pass the wave on to people who aren't on the forum. And if you are in something other than a JK wave to everyone who waves at you. Don't snub the ones who are waving because you don't think a "real" Jeeper would drive a new Jeep.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I wave to every jeep I see also and rarely get waves back, I've even started waving at the jeep dealership on my way to work haha

·
I Do What I Can
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA :rofl: that is awesome! I may start doing that as well! I also tend to circle a parking lot looking for other Jeeps to park next to.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I parked next to another wrangler the other day and when I came out a lady was getting in with her daughter that knows my daughter and my daughter just LIT UP and was so excited because her friend had a jeep so I asked the mom, "You know to wave right?" and she said "Oh yeah, I know to wave" And Chloe said "WE WAVE AT EVERYBODY WITH JEEPS"... Gotta teach em young! LOL

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am sure some don't wave because they could care less or feel it is an inconvienece to wave at a total stranger every Jeep they come across....or maybe even a safety consideration to be looking across the road for a wave rather than watching the traffic in front of them.....however.....is it remotely possible that some folks just don't know?

Next time they don't wave, bust a U-turn and hunt them inconsiderate bas#@%&$ down and educate them on the customs, courtesies, and time honored traditions of the Jeep wave. If not.....trade your Jeep in for a Ferrari F430 Spyder and still get snubbed by other Ferrari owners.

Don't sweat it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ive noticed this also from JK owners but not all. This is going to sound sexist but a lot of women that drive jeeps of any wrangler, at least around where I live will not wave back. Some will, but the majority do not. I prefer to assume they do not know about the wave and it makes me feel like a creeper afterward. Regardless I will still wave to all wranglers because its the right thing to do and makes it feel more like a family.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Small town Iowa, 6 month TJ owner reporting in here... Not many Jeeps around my area as compared to others I've seen and to top that off, I know a few of the few that are around here. But on occasion I would see the unknown Jeep and throw a wave off the top of the wheel. But like others I've read, I could count the returned waves on my fingers so I eventually gave up wasting my wave (never wasted, but surely unappreciated and unacknowledged).
But,,, just a couple weeks ago out of no where I got a couple waves kicked out at me (and yes I waved back) which restored my deflated enthusiasm for the "wave." Personally,,, I'm just glad to be back on board.
Regards,
Rob.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Here ya go :wavey:

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Always wanted to beat on a dead horse. especially one thats been laying in the sun for a few days. With a very long stick I must add. I went from TJ to JK so I will see what happens with the wave and report. One day with my stock TJ this monster modded TJ passed me and gave me the wave. Made me feel good. So I feel I must pay it forward and wave at all jeeps. Whether I get a return or not I don't care. I feel good!

·
Registered
94 Posts
With the relase of the JK 3-4 years ago "jeepers" began assuming that it was the only model that was ever purchased by soccer moms, sorroity girls, and cocky high school kids, etc. This is not the case. Non-Jeepers have been buying Jeeps for years(2 wheel drive TJ anyone?). So yeah, all kinds of Jeep models don't wave at me and I wave at ALL OF THEM.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i used to wave at everyone, but around here, everybody and they're dog owns a jeep.....and only about 5% wave :(

and something like a bone stock grand cherokee with 3 kids in the back with bald tires and fuzzy dice in the window doesnt get my wave even if they're all hanging out the window screaming and waving....

so from now on i let the stock jeeps wave at me first (hardly ever do). and the JK's are just a whole other story.....they....well......we all know how JK's are...

oh and chics juuust doooont get it. they look at me like im trying to put a pill in their drink.

so, only more or equally modded wranglers or XJ's get my wave.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lady in a Jk waves to me every morning on my way to work. Several other jeeps that I see daily also know the wave.
consider yourself lucky...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.