Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up. Thieves stole my Smittybuilt Beaver Step right off my 14 JKURX this past week at the Salt Lake City airport. And to show off their moxy they put the lock back on and locked my hitch empty. They went right through a Master Lock locking hitch pin. No marks or scratches at all! Now I have one of these locking hitch pins: Strattec 7018440 - Strattec™ 5/8" Hitch Pin Lock for 93-15 Jeep® Vehicles - Quadratec

Smittybuilt Beaver Step stolen:
Smittybilt 27046B - Smittybilt Beaver Step - Quadratec

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I know this is unlikely, but...

Is there any possibility that the beaver tail wasn't inserted all the way and the pin was behind it instead of through and it fell out? I can't imagine thieves would take the time to steal it, then re-lock the lock, all the while not leaving a mark on the lock.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It's getting to the point if you accessorize your Jeep you have to weld them on and even then they might be able to still steal it. I hate these junkie thieves they sliver around like they are in titled to your stuff. What ever happen to being ashamed of yourself doing things like this ? Way to many folks walking around doing whatever the hell they want with no shame or fear of any consequences.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I can totally see a pickup owner ripping it off. Many of us have been victim of such hoodlums. It's not as bad as having a soft top cut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts