Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wifey and I bed lined our faded, pealing, cracking, and scratched fender flares yesterday. I must say they look 100% better. Almost like we ordered brand new ones from the factory. We purchased rustoleum bed liner from Home Depot for about $8 a can. We used both cans we bought. We applied about 5 coats to each fender. Before spraying we sanded down all 4 fenders. Then we cleaned with alcohol, also available at Home Depot. We then taped them off with painters tape and wrapped the jeep with news papers and plastic sheets to prevent overspray. It turned out pretty well and we love the finish. We will be doing the hardtop VERY soon. The grill is Plasti dipped, we will be ripping that off soon and bed lining as well. Here are some before pics and prep pics with it sanded and such. If anyone is thinking of doing this I highly recommend it. Enjoy. :)
Before.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
:thumb: Good as always with bedliner, one of the first things I did when I took mine home. Didn't you used to have clear corners and turn signals?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CarolinaBound said:
:thumb: Good as always with bedliner, one of the first things I did when I took mine home. Didn't you used to have clear corners and turn signals?
We currently have the orange turn signals but we hate them. We found a pair of clear ones on amazon for a good price and will be ordering them soon. Sticking with the black and white theme. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
lapis_blue said:
Look good, next time I would say remove it from the jeep so u can reprint the entire plastic
That's what we had intended to do, but we forgot our toolbag and we having our bedliner fun in our cousins' garage. They didn't have the appropriate tool to remove the bolts, haha. So we taped. Bedliner makes the plasti dip look awful in comparison but maybe that's just because we didn't do a good job on the plasti dip in the first place.

VERY happy with the fender flares. Can't wait to do the hardtop!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
We currently have the orange turn signals but we hate them. We found a pair of clear ones on amazon for a good price and will be ordering them soon. Sticking with the black and white theme. :)
How much they run ya? Love the clean look. Would look great with the white rims I'll run when I go up a size too :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CarolinaBound said:
How much they run ya? Love the clean look. Would look great with the white rims I'll run when I go up a size too :D
Pretty cheap on amazon. $25 shipped for the two square ones in the front. Haven't looked for the ones on the side yet. I'll post a pic when I put them on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That does look really good. Cheap and easy morning project. Thanks for the inspiration.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lapis_blue said:
Don't use clear just tint them with midnight shade looks so much better I think. Here is mine
No thanks. Don't want the attention from the California Highway Patrol. Thanks anyways though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts