Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done sandblasting my front and rear bumpers for my 97' tj. I have painted them with rustoleum hammered finish. Needles to say I really don't like the finish. I was wondering about hitting them with bed liner coating. I see that they sell it in an aerosol can but do you need to roll it for better results? Whats everyones thoughts on this? any info or pics. would be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have never used the roll on but I did just use the spray can and I think it turned out well, just have to take your time the coating is fragile at first but hardens after a day. Gives a nice textured finish

·
Registered
904 Posts
Looks great hokie, what brand did you spray on your bumper if you don mind me asking.
I used 2 coats of self-etching primer then 3 coats of dupli-color bed liner it looKs good and seems pretty strong, a few guys in the local jeep club use it and it seems to last and scrapes are pretty easy to touch up

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just sprayed my front bumper tonight with dupli color. So far I love it. I hope it hardens well.

·
Registered
909 Posts
When I chopped my JK front bumper, I sprayed bedliner on the entire thing when I added the endcaps. It looked good and the bumper was all the same color.

Now I've got a Rugged Ridge stubby tube. I had some discoloration on the bottom from some pins that were rusting. I cleaned it up and sprayed with bedliner. It doesn't look bad. Just be sure you spray several thin, even layers and it will look good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts