Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of of putting a 350 in my 2001 TJ and i figured while i had the engine compartment empty, why not empty the tub. my idea is to pull the carpet out and line it with something but i dont know just what i want. i know i want to have something with some sound deadning. i looked at lizard skin by Eastwood but i dont know if it will last. i dont want to spend a lot of money on something that will not last. so here comes the question. jeep are a century old and iknow that im not the only one that doesnt like carpet. does anyone have any sugestion on what to use and not to. this is a daily driver and weekend warrior so i need something real tuff.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Lining the tub is a great mod but doesn't help with noise if anything it is worse. I Herc-U-Lined mine last spring and love it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
nick50471 said:
Lining the tub is a great mod but doesn't help with noise if anything it is worse. I Herc-U-Lined mine last spring and love it.
I don't exactly agree with the "if anything it is worse". Mine is def ALOT quieter
Maybe because I put 2 beautiful thick coats. By no means is it quieter than when there was carpet but since I've hurculined it compared to bare steel it's alot quieter

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
I don't exactly agree with the "if anything it is worse". Mine is def ALOT quieter
Maybe because I put 2 beautiful thick coats. By no means is it quieter than when there was carpet but since I've hurculined it compared to bare steel it's alot quieter
I meant worse than carpet.

·
Registered
424 Posts
And you will never have to worry about stinky,mildewed,funky wet carpet ever again!I leave the plugs out,so I can just rinse it out and let water run out!Love the bedliner!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i feel ya goldtj. thats the whole reason im wanting to pull the carpet out. but i talked to the people at eastwood about the lizard skin and they told me that the lizard skin is a sound deadner and that theyve have people say that it was just as quiet as it was with carpet and that it was very durable.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
U-pol Raptor liner..... Love mine! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Loic said:
and thay have it in beige/ sand color, so you wont even miss the OEM color of the carpet..:rofl:

seems to be a nice product!
Lol i saw a jeep where the guy did exactly that, tan bedliner inside, it looked alright but I was thinking of doing the forest green bedliner inside and the same color smooth durabak on the outside, anyone use the smooth finish durabak? my body is not very rusty besides the rocker panels but the paints pretty beat up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts