Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we know how big the bed is on the JT? Is it small like the standard Toyota 5' bed or a bit larger like their longer 6' bed?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you old Dogger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is also a great video around of a garage that went through all of the details and different measurements of the JT bed ... just about everything you’d want to know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do we know how big the bed is on the JT? Is it small like the standard Toyota 5' bed or a bit larger like their longer 6' bed?
Here is your answer,

Reactions: RJL1

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was at the lumber yard yesterday and parked near a Rubicon Gladiator. It has the same size bed as my Frontier crew cab, which I always describe as "useless size". Even with the tailgate down, 8' boards hand out 1', and make for a very light front end. Mountain bikes have to go in diagonally or front wheel off to close the tailgate. You are hauling around 40 cubic feet of air most of the time. The Gladiator was visually much bigger than my Fronty, even though mine is lifted and has larger than stock tires. As a pickup truck, the Gladiator doesn't seem to make much sense..... but I still want one. If I can replace my Fronty and my TJ with one vehicle, that would be great. Definitely going to wait a year to see what if any bugs pop up and how well they are addressed by FCA (Renault soon?).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has the same size bed as my Frontier crew cab, which I always describe as "useless size".

My thoughts exactly. I was seriously considering a Tacoma, but their short bed made absolutely no sense to me. Their longer bed I can deal with. Currently we have the 2010 JKUR with 120,000 miles and the old 96 F250 with 170,000 miles on her now. Were gonna need a pickup soon. I have to really think what we're gonna get, either a Taco with the bigger bed, but boring or the JT, with the useless bed but cool.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I always thought the same thing, and had come from the fullsize truck world with 6.5 and 8 foot beds. But when I had my Frontier with the 5' box and the factory bed extender, I never found a time when I wished for a larger bed. I hauled everything I ever needed to in that truck. It would even haul a full size Polaris utility ATV in the bed. It ended up working great, and the shorter overall length of the truck was a blessing in parking garages and mall parking lots.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As much as I still want one, I keep thinking that a high-quality aluminum 4x8 or 5x10 trailer and a JLU would be the wise choice. I know pulling and storing a trailer can be a pain, but for the 1-2 times per month I really use my bed it is tempting. I will have to drive a JLU and Gladiator back to back and experience the ride quality and practicality.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a trailer hitch bed extender, bought it for my Ridgeline, seems pretty strong, doesn't improve the volume carrying capacity obviously but allows for carrying longer loads.

My buddy that hauls and tows crap swears by Alum trailers, I know loading and unloading ATV's up and down ramps is not fun and didnt fit in my full size truck with tailgate up anyways on 6.5 Bed.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts