Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin about doin the inside of my TJ in bedliner but I've heard it makes it loud and hot inside
Anyone have personal experience doing this and if so what is your opinion
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Its not much louder but you do get some heat off the transmission tunnel. Easy fix is to get rubber mats and put some heat shielding on the bottom of them. This will block the head and reduce the noise a bit. I dont find it too loud but sitting in traffic on a hot summer day my legs get warm, that was before the shielded floor mats of course.

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
My Jeep came with no carpet, only in the back wheel wells. I took that out and bedlined the whole floor. I have not driven it yet but going from no carpet or bedliner it cant be any louder. Do you think those floor mats will fit?

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
Just search for your make and model Wrangler, you will find that brand/make for your Wrangler year.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've been thinking about doing something like this for months (pretty much as soon as I got my jeep). I go doorless more often than not in the spring, summer and fall (up here in New England those fall mornings are COLD). I'm leaning towards Raptor Lining it so I don't have to worry about a damp, gross, moldy carpet going forward... Now to just find the time to do that AND install my Bushwacker fenders that have been sitting in the box for two weeks... It looks like I'm running out of time too, because the nights have been dipping down into the 40s and the garage at my parent's house (where I would do it) isn't heated... Might have to get creative.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Bedline + reinstall carpet if you're REALLY concerned about noise/heat.

I pulled my carpet and did Monstaliner 2+ years ago and it still looks GREAT. No smell from funky carpet. No worries about wet carpet causing rust. It may be a bit noisier, but I have 33" MT's, a soft top, and run w/o doors as much as possible. No worries for me. In the summer, it CAN get a bit warmer, but with doors off, I don't notice it much. In the winter, it doesn't bother me. :)

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
I've been thinking about doing something like this for months (pretty much as soon as I got my jeep). I go doorless more often than not in the spring, summer and fall (up here in New England those fall mornings are COLD). I'm leaning towards Raptor Lining it so I don't have to worry about a damp, gross, moldy carpet going forward... Now to just find the time to do that AND install my Bushwacker fenders that have been sitting in the box for two weeks... It looks like I'm running out of time too, because the nights have been dipping down into the 40s and the garage at my parent's house (where I would do it) isn't heated... Might have to get creative.
I would wait till the weather gets a bit better, if you're doing it indoors in a garage, the fumes alone will be enough to take you out. Put your fender flares on asap, the hardest part about that job is just doing it, PITA on the hands though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
beaureed445 said:
I'm thinking about bed-lining my fender flares. I've got color-matched red ones, but I want to add more black.
I plan on also doing my flares, hood,mirrors, and a few other small things

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, what kind of prepping needs to be done before doing the interior?
As well as the flares and such?

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Clean up is a NON issue with the texture. I'll usually just spray some Simple Green in there, or hose it a bit with some water if I have a LOT of dirt/mud, then wipe down or rinse.

It has held up VERY well. I use rubber mats about half the time and I've seen no wear from either my boots or from the mats at all and it has been in over 2 years at this point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts