Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever do bedliner on the stock bumper covers for the '08 on up? Is it pretty much just scuff up the plastic, spray on adhesion promoter/primer, then spray the bedliner on? Or does the plastic on the stock bumpers not do well with the spray on type bedliners?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I don't know why you'd bother, unless it's just for looks. The stock bumpers are so flimsy that bedliner isn't going to protect them against anything other than maybe scratches from small tree branches.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did the grill and bumper center piece for looks until i replace the bumper with an after market one. No need for primer, just rough up the plastic with some sand paper. I used less than one can of Dupli-Color Bed Armor from O'Reilly's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! It is basically just for looks at this point - I'm budgeting for a new front & rear bumper, but it likely won't be until sometime in 2018 before I can get exactly what I want and do it right. The issue is that the OEM plastic covers are starting to show their age (my JK is a 2014), and though I've seen the trick about hitting them with a heat gun or hair dryer to refresh them, I wanted to maybe go for something a little different. I was also thinking about spraying the grille with it as well, but I'll do the bumper covers first and see how it looks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts