Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

Sorry if this is a common question, I searched and couldn't see any threads, so here goes:

I just bought a 98 TJ and want to fix up all of the flares, bumpers, hinges, latches, mirrors, etc. as they are all faded and beat looking, although serviceable.

I've been reading threads on the different mods and projects here on the community and see a lot of advocates for rustoleum bedliner, but then I also have been reading some about plasti dip. I really try to learn from others and do it right the first time. It seems as though the bedliner route involves the metal parts being more difficult to clean?

Does anyone have input on which method is better?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
The rattle can bedliner is pretty easy to keep clean. It's the stuff like Herculiner that's harder, because of the texture. I warn you, bedlining stuff is addictive. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Plasti-dip is good as a temporary solution, to cover something up or see how it will look. If you put a clear coat over the plasti dip it lasts much longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts