Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda ballpark would a feller be lookin at to have someboddy bedline theinside of a yj. Or............ how hard is it to do it yourself. Thanks

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
What kinda ballpark would a feller be lookin at to have someboddy bedline theinside of a yj. Or............ how hard is it to do it yourself. Thanks
my wife is a lot smarter and a harder worker than a lot of people but she did her jeep for 100 bucks and it looks great..a buddy of mine paid a shop 500 to do his and it doesn't look as good as hers

·
Registered
523 Posts
harleydragon said:
my wife is a lot smarter and a harder worker than a lot of people but she did her jeep for 100 bucks and it looks great..a buddy of mine paid a shop 500 to do his and it doesn't look as good as hers
What did she use

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
herculiner..if you want a smooth finish use something else..we haul harley parts,jeep parts and a 135 pound lab so it works great for us,nothing slides around..

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
yeah,the kit comes with 2 rollers and a 2 inch brush...she bought a couple more 2 inch and a 1 inch brush..you can use the roller in the bigger flat areas but the brush works better everywhere else...brush it on and then come back with a little more on your brush and dab it..this gives you the texture and also fills in any bare areas...let the first coat dry until not tacky,1-4 hours..then come back with a second coat..she did her entire inside,front to back as well as sides..she had maybe a pint left out of a 1 gallon kit..stir it every few minutes to keep the rubber chunks from settling to the bottom..she waited until the next day to reinstall seats,etc....she also took old bolts and screwed them in all the threaded holes before starting to paint which made reassembly much easier..she helps me build choppers so it ain't her first rodeo

·
Registered
192 Posts
wanna say lowes has the kit harleydragon is talking about with rollers and all for $70 and if you need more they sell pints for $23, i was looking at it the other day because the previous owner herculined the floor in mine, but it needs another coat and sides done, they tell you to just scrub with the scuff pad that is provided, but i helped my buddy do it and we had to break out the wire brush and use the scuffer, just remember its all about your prep work, dont cut corners!. theres another post on here were they did a write up, il try to find it and post it up for you!

·
Registered
192 Posts
hmm i cant find it, but yes do herculiner, and also take pics of before during and after and post on this thread so we can see your success

·
Registered
192 Posts
i wanna say it does, i wanna say lowes sells only black for 70 bucks but i think if you go on amazon or some online site, they have white, blue, red, and grey i belive

·
Registered
192 Posts
yes i believe they have blue, never seen it used tho, defently post pics id like to see that, maybe call herculiner and see if you could maybe get a color you want and a can of herculiner and take it to lowes and get them to mix it in the mixer they have, id call herculiner and see if there product would accept adding color, like buy white herculiner and add color you want

1 - 20 of 38 Posts